David james up front

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

David james up front

Postby Nick » Fri May 15, 2020 11:50 am

15 years ago. Clip on soccer am on Instagram with wanker danny mills narrating.

It nearly paid off from memory. Mills said it lost some of the players, killed Jon macken and "some of the senior players werent having pearce anyway, Barton used to give him a hard time"
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: David james up front

Postby Mase » Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Weaver spoke about this moment about a year ago on a podcast. Mills wasn’t interested in anything at City so I imagine he’s just repeating what Weaves said.

Macken scoring the winner against Spurs in the 3-0 down at half-time match and that dick head Pearce puts a keeper upfront?!

By the way, every ex-footballer that’s played with James has said he was a weird fucker. No surprise that Pearce liked him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Fri May 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Pearce, dreadful.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Fri May 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Didnt see an issue james was massive, they wouldn't expect it and very nearly came off. Pretty sure macken was dog shit by then surprised he was even still there under Pearce
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat May 16, 2020 9:26 am

Nick wrote:Didnt see an issue james was massive, they wouldn't expect it and very nearly came off. Pretty sure macken was dog shit by then surprised he was even still there under Pearce

Why not start with James upfront then?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat May 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Nick wrote:Didnt see an issue james was massive, they wouldn't expect it and very nearly came off. Pretty sure macken was dog shit by then surprised he was even still there under Pearce

It's true that they wouldn't expect us to put a goalkeeper up front but mostly because it's such a shit plan. Maybe we should catch someone off guard next year by playing rush keeper with 11 outfield players :D
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Playing Ederson up front would be for me similar of what means for Mase to see Kolarov play.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 16, 2020 5:19 pm

I hated stuart pearce.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sat May 16, 2020 5:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:Playing Ederson up front would be for me similar of what means for Mase to see Kolarov play.

You’d watch the match with an erection?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 16, 2020 8:01 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Playing Ederson up front would be for me similar of what means for Mase to see Kolarov play.

Come on Mase, you know you’ve shot your load after the first marauding run down the wing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 pm

sheblue wrote:Pearce, dreadful.

Beany told him to do it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Come on Mase, you know you’ve shot your load after the first marauding run down the wing

As soon as the name was announced.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 17, 2020 8:18 am

Mase wrote:Weaver spoke about this moment about a year ago on a podcast. Mills wasn’t interested in anything at City so I imagine he’s just repeating what Weaves said.

Macken scoring the winner against Spurs in the 3-0 down at half-time match and that dick head Pearce puts a keeper upfront?!

By the way, every ex-footballer that’s played with James has said he was a weird fucker. No surprise that Pearce liked him.

Thats a smashing listen to-undr the cosh podcast. Weaver tells some belting stories and that was one. He was highly complimenting of James though, said he was a good guy and one of the best keepers ever.

I fucking hate pearce, the worst manager we had and its embarrassing when this kinda stuff pops up. Same with beany, fuck sake id take alan ball over pearce. Rarely says a nice word about us either now.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:Weaver spoke about this moment about a year ago on a podcast. Mills wasn’t interested in anything at City so I imagine he’s just repeating what Weaves said.

Thats a smashing listen to-undr the cosh podcast. Weaver tells some belting stories and that was one. He was highly complimenting of James though, said he was a good guy and one of the best keepers ever.

I fucking hate pearce, the worst manager we had and its embarrassing when this kinda stuff pops up. Same with beany, fuck sake id take alan ball over pearce. Rarely says a nice word about us either now.

He said on the podcast James was always too serious, he didn’t bother him but he got a lot of people’s backs up including the third keeper at the time (can’t remember his name) who used to say they always had to talk about what James wanted to talk about. Said that James told him once he was up until 4am “logging his gloves” - all his gloves he had he logged them. Also said when someone roomed with James they woke up at 4am with James on top of them strangling them...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sun May 17, 2020 12:21 pm

Weird of the fan hate of Pearce. He showed the passion we want and smashed it when he first took over. Yeah we were garbage the years after. He was unlucky with Cole getting injured, then Corradi and samaras were both garbage.

If pep did the same with ederson itd be hailed tactical genius. I'm surprised it doesnt happen more. Much prefer managers thinking outside of the box instead of standard 65 and 85 min subs.

On James hes one of the best I've seen for us... him and given were quality.

Re why not start him up front, it was obviously a tactical change to catch them out and we got a pen that Fowler fucked up.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:

of course. Is it any other way possible?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun May 17, 2020 1:37 pm

Nick wrote:Weird of the fan hate of Pearce. He showed the passion we want and smashed it when he first took over. Yeah we were garbage the years after. He was unlucky with Cole getting injured, then Corradi and samaras were both garbage.

If pep did the same with ederson itd be hailed tactical genius. I'm surprised it doesnt happen more. Much prefer managers thinking outside of the box instead of standard 65 and 85 min subs.

On James hes one of the best I've seen for us... him and given were quality.

Re why not start him up front, it was obviously a tactical change to catch them out and we got a pen that Fowler fucked up.

Re Ederson - he's a better footballer than most of that Pearce team!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

He said on the podcast James was always too serious, he didn’t bother him but he got a lot of people’s backs up including the third keeper at the time (can’t remember his name) who used to say they always had to talk about what James wanted to talk about. Said that James told him once he was up until 4am “logging his gloves” - all his gloves he had he logged them. Also said when someone roomed with James they woke up at 4am with James on top of them strangling them...

Actually that rings a bell now u mention it. He did say he was the best keeper hed seen too tho.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun May 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Actually that rings a bell now u mention it. He did say he was the best keeper hed seen too tho.

Yeah mate, said on his day he was one of the best. The podcast was great - I loved the Tony Grant story when they were training abroad and hungover.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:38 am

Stuart Pearce almost cost me my sons love of City. He hated home games, stropped like fuck when The oldest Ball boy ever managed us. Dire times, skint and the stadium was like the artic, cold as fuck as you sat there thinking WTF is going on, why have I left the pub for this crap oooh corner.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum