Was There An Agenda?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Was There An Agenda?

Postby salford city » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 am

Let's wait until the 2nd leg against Franco's boys and see what lies in store. We were refereed correctly and fairly in the first leg due to the appeal. I'm not so sure we will get the same in the return
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 am

john@staustell wrote:For me the obvious proof was in Portugal - was it Sporting or Porto, similar racism at both? - Yaya was racially abused by their fans - blatantly - and the club got fined 15000 euros. City were 1 minute late on the pitch at HT and got fined 90000 euros.

Really?

Moscow was just as bad ......whatever doubts there may have been soon evaporated with what went on there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john@staustell wrote:For me the obvious proof was in Portugal - was it Sporting or Porto, similar racism at both? - Yaya was racially abused by their fans - blatantly - and the club got fined 15000 euros. City were 1 minute late on the pitch at HT and got fined 90000 euros.

Really?

Moscow was just as bad ......whatever doubts there may have been soon evaporated with what went on there.

Was that when fans were banned in the stadium because their fans racially abused someone, but on the night they still had a couple of thousand fans in there?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Really?

Was that when fans were banned in the stadium because their fans racially abused someone, but on the night they still had a couple of thousand fans in there?!

Yep....that's the one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Europa league:

Turkish ref sending balo off and generally being bent

Ref blowing full time on 89 mins vs ajax at home when we needed a goal to go through and think we had a corner / were on the attack.

It goes back to the start
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm

at this point, the question is almost rhetorical. even the media have begun to acknowledge the agenda. as for the clubs behind it, they barely try to hide it anymore because they are simply incapable of shame.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Now we know what they think, in Europe, about us winning our Case.

By Tony Attwood

Does it matter what the media in Germany think about Manchester City and its fight with Uefa? After all the Bundesliga does its thing, and the Premier League goes its own way, and Uefa waddles about getting itself in a tangle. Why should anyone in England care about the rest of Europe?

Well, because the newspapers of Europe do give us a sense of what the reaction is to major events – and let’s not lose sight of the fact that the CAS ruling on Manchester City is a major event which is reverberating across Europe.

As I’ve reported many times over the years, English newspapers are very circumspect in the way that they deal with football news from elsewhere. For example, we hear nothing about the legal battle that is going on between the Swiss authorities, Infantino, (the head of Fifa), and the Federal prosecutor in Switzerland. In the rest of Europe this is the big news.

Nor do the English ever want to consider the issue of how slave labour has been used to build the stadia in Qatar, nor (to bring it down to a parochial level) have they wanted to look at the case we’ve been investigating of Leicester City’s extraordinary tackling figures and the lack of fouls and yellows given in the first part of the season. (There is a little interest in that now, but still not too much).

But it is different in Europe, and here is one example. SZ, the German newspaper, like all German media, has followed the CAS / Manchester City case very closely. And their prime conclusion is that the verdict “does not have any of the qualities that one could have expected in a judge’s decision in a case relating to the excesses of the world of football business: wisdom, judgement, and being careful.

“A simple, straightforward consequence is that Manchester City will henceforth be considered the face of football capitalism…. the feeling that there is now extensive freedom of action in the player market again because the Cas has opened the door to let in investors who have money to burn. The main thing is that their cheques don’t bounce and are decorated with enough zeros to undo the mediocre control of the sport that is left in place.

“The verdict of the Cas judges, who come from sports and business-related areas, suggests that soon, more clubs such as Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain will appear – the former is owned by the ruling Abu Dhabi family, the latter is in the investment – Qatar’s portfolio.

“There is even an issue in the English Premier League, where many multimillionaires now find themselves pushed out of the spotlight. Jürgen Klopp mentioned that fear is returning to the League. If there were no financial guidelines anymore, according to the Liverpool coach, this would “automatically lead to a kind of global superleague with ten clubs.”

“Which clubs they are doesn’t matter, because it is no longer the club name that interests them, but the donors who are interested in playing with their toy. So the eternal debate about a league of the super rich is returning. However, the greedy owners of the football industry – whose fragile overall structure was just exposed during the Corona break, when many clubs in this country were plagued by bankruptcy fears – continue without the customer being present. The viewers finance this high wire act through more and more channels, from TV and streaming fees to the sponsor’s product.

“But these fans will get fed up with all of this at some point and the disgusted fans could end up being the real judge of this professional business.”

This is of course not a view that is being expressed in the English media. On the Guardian’s website today, the only mention of Manchester City in its main football section is a report on the match against Bournemouth. There is nothing on CAS.

The Daily Mail has the headline “Man City hold peace talks with UEFA as Aleksander Ceferin and Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet after hostile FFP battle… with both parties expressing ‘a keen desire to work closely together going forward'” as if the attitude of fans and other clubs is irrelevant.

The Daily Mirror has “Overturning of Man City’s Champions League ban shows UEFA is unfit for purpose” while noting this was not a good day for football – but relegating that article to eighth position on its football home page.

So it goes on. It is an English club that was at the heart of the battle, but the day after their squashing of Uefa via the CAS, the English media is losing interest at speed, while in Germany that is far from the case.

And that really is the point. Reform of Uefa and the use of CAS is an issue that will be fought out through the whole of Europe, not in England. And it is possible that this victory for Manchester City will galvanise Europe into action.

You won’t hear about this in the English media, just as you don’t hear about Infantino’s abuse of his expenses account through hiring private aircraft to attend non-existent meetings, nor vast sums of Fifa slush money being channelled through an Israeli bank. Just as you never heard about changes in the Swiss legal system which allowed American agents to attend a Fifa meeting and arrest numerous delegates.

Except you would have read about that one three months in advance if you are a regular reader of Untold.

So, Man City will poddle along feeling they have won, and the English media will support that view by now losing interest. But in Europe there is a seething discontent, and given that the Swiss are working hard to take out Infantino, I can’t see them letting Uefa incompetence in presenting a case that is time-barred stop them from reforming Uefa as well.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:57 am

john68 wrote:I have posted this a number of times but it seems relevent to repost this again at this time.
It was in the 1980s that a the then richest 14 European clubs got together to form a powerful lobby group in order to maximise their profits.
It was that lobby group who designed the current format of the Champions League to replace the old European Cup.
1) Ditch the little clubs, they are too smallfry to attract income to the big clubs.
2) Seeding; In order to ensure the rich clubs didn't play each other until the later rounds, thus guaranteeing longer cup runs, more media and sponsor income.
3) Seeding via coefficients that accumulated each year. 5yrs was the qualifying total (recently changed to 10yrs), allowing the rich clubs have a bad year or two but remain in the elite group.
4) That the bigger footbal nations: England, Germany, Italy and Spain were allowed more qualifying places toensure the likes of Barca and Real, the rags and (originally) Liverpool, etc, had a more or less guaranteed entrance into the income channels.
5) The first season, there were 2 group stages, so designed because to compete meant having a large squad, better affordable only by rich clubs from rich leagues. (Ever wondered why all those East European clubs stopped competing?).
6) They demanded that the clubs fom those bigger richer football nations should receive more money per game than other nations.
They coerced UeFA and got everything they demanded.

They demanded this on the back of a threatened Euro SuperLeague. When Platini threatened to ban them from their domestic competitions, Rummenigge told him the cartel clubs "Would shut the UeFA shop"
In 2005-06, The cartel cosigned with Royal Charlerois in a court case aginst FIFA. The outcome was that FIFA and UeFA lost the right to control Global and European football.

Effectivel, they now controlled European football, They chose who they didn't want to play, they guaranteed annual qualification, they built and filled a trough and with FFP they ring fenced it to protect their gains.

Forget football, this was a money and power grab by a small group of football related multinational businesses. And they were successful.
When Chelsea appeared, 2 English places became 4 so Chelsea were absorbed.
With City, there was no room for absorbtion, so City (and PSG0 had to be stopped. Carl has been very eloquent on some of the shite they have done to us,either to stop us or delay us.

We have won a major battle...but this war is very far from being over. The bastards are already talking and no doubt planning their next attack on us.

THIS SHITE IS FAR FROM FINISHED

You're right ; it's only just BEGINNING !, and points 1-6 you mention above should form the foundations of our next court case,
in which the Daves, Yayas, Kuns and Vinnys of our legal team kick the crap out of the whole filthy rotten cartel "family" for good !
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john68 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Football clubs at the highest level no longer exist.
The English Premier Football League no longer exists.
UeFA is merely an administrative body allowed and invited by the cartel club to be their ruling body, as long as it suits the needs and wants of the cartel clubs.
The cartel clubs can and will simply dump UeFA should UeFA no longer serve their need.

The English Premier League is an INTERNATIONAL football league that just happens to be situated in England. Quite simply, major multinational investors and financiers bought it. Most clubs are foreign owned, foreign coached and the majority of the players are not English or British.
The financial model is a huge success, with clubs capable at the top level of earning £billions. It has little or nothing to do with the playing of football. As the chairman of the rag's parent company stated at a rag's formal dinner in the Midland Hotel (pre Glazer); " The playing of football is merely coincidental to the business of Manchester United."

The G14 began in the 1980s as a powerful lobby group to ensure that they maximised their group power and control and finance.
They formalised and expanded to 18 in 2000 and in 2005-2006 cosigned with an ongoing case between Royal Charlerois and FiFA. The eventual ruling took away the regulatory rights of those bodies. They now can only regulate those competitions that they own and run. Except where an agreement has been reached by them and the clubs.

When the G14 demanded that every decision taken by UeFA had to be first submitted to the G14 group, Platini told them UeFA represents ALL European clubs and that the G14 should disband and set up a body that entailed all European clubs.
That was done by the formation of the all powerful European Clubs Assoc. Lots of member clubs but based on their coefficients only a few had voting rights. The vast majority remaining Affiliated members.
The G14 had finally done what it set out to do. It aloweed them to dump members of the old G14 who no longer served their purpose and it gave them the power to negotiate (or demand) what it wanted from UeFA. In real terms, it left only 9 or 10 clubs running and controlling European football.

Because f the power base the cartel had now constructeed, they attracted support from other lesser clubs who understood that while theymay never eat at the top table, they could financially benefit by riding on the shirt tails of the cartel. "The cartel's bitches.

That is what we are dealing with. Top level football died a long time ago. It is the property of a few multinational businesses who will stop at nothing to ensure that clubs like City, who have the resources to compete with them are stopped.

When City resume playing in the CL, wewill not just be playing Real Madrid.We will be playing Real Madrid, UeFA, Barca, Arsenal, Bayern, Chelsea,Liverpool, the Rags, Milan, Juve, the corrupt football institutions and the European media.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Just as an addendum to the above which really only deals with corruption at an institutional level, the football institutions throughout Europe have allowed outside bodies to create havoc with our game.

VAR was never considered as a tool to ensure poor onfield decisions were eradicated, it was a tool that alloweed the corrupt institutions to have more power and control over match rtesults.
Remember that Scudamore before his retirement said "It is a tragedy for English football that Manchester United don't win the Premier Lge every season, but I suppose we have to make it a competititon"
Simply put...As England biggest club and money earner, the rags generate more income for the Prem through globa broadcasting rights. More global sales for the Prem, more global sales for the broadcasters, higher advertising prices...Everybody gains except the fan who want a fair on pitch result every game.

Agents have become the lubrication of corruption. Deals with managers who are tied to an agent and get kick backs when they buy a player through him/her.
Clubs not buying the player they need to improve the team but the player that generates the most income for the agent and corrupt manager.
Agents tied to illegal betting organisations who are then able through their contracted players to control results. (I will explain that in more detail if necessary).

A well known manager left a current Prem club because he refused to notify his chairman of the team selection "24hrs before the KO. Clubs in danger of relegation paying sums to cash strapped mid table clubs to throw games. Betting companies linked to clubs.

Football died a long time ago. City have bucked the trend, fought back and won a major battle. The enemy are regrouping both domestically and globally.
It's gonna be fun in the next few years.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:28 pm

john68 wrote:Just as an addendum to the above which really only deals with corruption at an institutional level, the football institutions throughout Europe have allowed outside bodies to create havoc with our game.

VAR was never considered as a tool to ensure poor onfield decisions were eradicated, it was a tool that alloweed the corrupt institutions to have more power and control over match rtesults.
Remember that Scudamore before his retirement said "It is a tragedy for English football that Manchester United don't win the Premier Lge every season, but I suppose we have to make it a competititon"
Simply put...As England biggest club and money earner, the rags generate more income for the Prem through globa broadcasting rights. More global sales for the Prem, more global sales for the broadcasters, higher advertising prices...Everybody gains except the fan who want a fair on pitch result every game.

Agents have become the lubrication of corruption. Deals with managers who are tied to an agent and get kick backs when they buy a player through him/her.
Clubs not buying the player they need to improve the team but the player that generates the most income for the agent and corrupt manager.
Agents tied to illegal betting organisations who are then able through their contracted players to control results. (I will explain that in more detail if necessary).

A well known manager left a current Prem club because he refused to notify his chairman of the team selection "24hrs before the KO. Clubs in danger of relegation paying sums to cash strapped mid table clubs to throw games. Betting companies linked to clubs.

Football died a long time ago. City have bucked the trend, fought back and won a major battle. The enemy are regrouping both domestically and globally.
It's gonna be fun in the next few years.

There are STILL people who think that we all wear tin foil hats and that the above is about fans who are part of a conspiracy theory club.

Ive been in gaming for 30 plus years and its a fair game with a slight advantage for the house but Imagine if all gaming establishments had a VAR room that could determine a games result with the punters !!............

carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:36 pm

One thing is certain, any doubt that there is a cartel/media campaign against the club has now been erased.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:One thing is certain, any doubt that there is a cartel/media campaign against the club has now been erased.

Clear and obvious, you could say.

I’m a lover of football who happens to be a City fan and you would think that actual fans of football would think the same, that we could wrestle the game back now that this part of the proceeding has been concluded. Alas, it’s not about that for some, it’s about the partisan politics that are driven by the cartel clubs that the sheeples are willing to accept as the truth.

I’ve seen a few columns reporting/opining on the actual result but they are drowned out by the avalanche of bullshit that is put across as fact.

The worst part of this was that the back pages had already been written, the broadcast media had everybody in place to comment, and when the news came in they had nothing to report as it had already been set. Although it was a triumphant day for Blues, it was also a very sad day in many respects.

I’d been wearing that tinfoil hat for so many years it felt like losing my crown. But, with a sigh, aside it went, passed to the Rags and Dippers, as I realised I’m just normal and they now see conspiracies everywhere.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:One thing is certain, any doubt that there is a cartel/media campaign against the club has now been erased.

Clear and obvious, you could say.

I’m a lover of football who happens to be a City fan and you would think that actual fans of football would think the same, that we could wrestle the game back now that this part of the proceeding has been concluded. Alas, it’s not about that for some, it’s about the partisan politics that are driven by the cartel clubs that the sheeples are willing to accept as the truth.

I’ve seen a few columns reporting/opining on the actual result but they are drowned out by the avalanche of bullshit that is put across as fact.

The worst part of this was that the back pages had already been written, the broadcast media had everybody in place to comment, and when the news came in they had nothing to report as it had already been set. Although it was a triumphant day for Blues, it was also a very sad day in many respects.

I’d been wearing that tinfoil hat for so many years it felt like losing my crown. But, with a sigh, aside it went, passed to the Rags and Dippers, as I realised I’m just normal and they now see conspiracies everywhere.

This is because they thought they had a double sided coin, they could not lose, ban upheld, City cheats and all that went with it.
Ban lifted, they got off on a technicality. Perfect isn’t it.
However, there could be a shift, there is a growing narrative that ffp was designed for the old guard, but the old guard are fading, even people like Neville (vested interest with Salford fc investment) are singing a different tune, Martin Samuel is very influential and cannot be ignored, watch this closely it could change, especially when there are reports of City ceo conferring with Ceferin.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:58 am

Did anyone actually, seriously think there was (and still is) no agenda?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 am

sheblue wrote:Did anyone actually, seriously think there was (and still is) no agenda?

Well, I’m sure there were but that mindset must have changed some time ago. Nobody willing to admit it, anyway.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wooders » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:23 am

I didn’t think so initially but they got more brazen as time went on until it got to the pantomime levels we saw in this last season or so - the var ruling to put spurs through in last seasons champs league particularly rankles

The shame for Liverpool is that we weren’t as good as we have been the last few seasons and they might have been able to win the league under their own steam rather than relying on corrupt referring decisions on and more importantly off the pitch, in VAR, where we have seen a blatant double standard throughout the course of the season, which saw them run away with it, which I feel must make the whole thing feel very hollow, if any of their fans had the brains to open their eyes to it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
sheblue wrote:Did anyone actually, seriously think there was (and still is) no agenda?

Well, I’m sure there were but that mindset must have changed some time ago. Nobody willing to admit it, anyway.

I'm going to go through the archives and name names.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:30 am

Henderson ... :cry:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike