Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Nice positive piece by Micah on the BBC about David Silva. Micah is doing a great job in the media for us.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53273454
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:His agent is Puyol btw. And apparently with everything that’s going on at Barca he’s been advised to stay with City.

Puyol is also Laporte's agent, (although they seem to try and hide it on Tranfermarkt!). I hope they advise him to stay as well?
I was always under the assumption Garcia and Laporte were brought here, just to be coached by Pep, with the turmoil at Barca?

Interesting, I didn’t know that about Laporte. Hopefully they’re getting decent advice!
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:His agent is Puyol btw. And apparently with everything that’s going on at Barca he’s been advised to stay with City.

Puyol is also Laporte's agent, (although they seem to try and hide it on Tranfermarkt!). I hope they advise him to stay as well?
I was always under the assumption Garcia and Laporte were brought here, just to be coached by Pep, with the turmoil at Barca?

Interesting, I didn’t know what about Laporte. Hopefully they’re getting decent advice!

Pep Laporte Garcia all back at Barca if Peps Former Barca president wins the election?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Interesting, I didn’t know what about Laporte. Hopefully they’re getting decent advice!

Pep Laporte Garcia all back at Barca if Peps Former Barca president wins the election?

And Messi coming to City :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:56 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

And Messi coming to City :lol:

If Laporte wins a second coming, Barca will want the 3 Amigos back.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm

On The Guardian's Football Weekly pod I heard two completely erroneous statements showing either ignorance, or poor knowledge, which has added to the show become almost labourous to listen (especially with their refular attack on us as fans from Ronay, Wilson, Glendanning, and Phillipe Auclair) since James Richardson left after I used to enjoy it over the past few years.

1) Jacqui Oatley waxing lyrical over Greenwood and his being "completely two footed" trying to recall "top players" (didn't realise Greenwood was already a "top player") who are truly two footed referring to "Ronaldo maybe, Zlatan, John Terry as a defender, perhaps less noticed Fara Williams in the women's game, not so many..."

Notice how they are all either English or ex-United players. Even if you only watch the PL how can you not notice or include Kev? Of course, there are others out there like you know, Neymar, but who's ever seen him play?

2) Barry Glandenning later tries to explain why we have performed worse, and his first point, injuries, sounds pretty decent, but then when recalling which player refers to the key loss as, "Nicholas Ottamendi."

These are paid UK based football journalists. Sorry, but this is beyond poor.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:

What are the weekly/monthly salaries for journo's there?
Read somewhere that working in the press has become one of the worst pay out there. For example here, a journo at a major sport publication gets around 400-500 euros per month. Semi new-entry. So, of course, there are rumours they get some from aside to write in favour of clubs and players.

Also, the rooster is really poor, so the quality of the debates and columns are really shit.

So, might that be the case also in UK?
In order to get biased and favorable media, you also need to have journo's in you back pocket.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Read somewhere that working in the press has become one of the worst pay out there. For example here, a journo at a major sport publication gets around 400-500 euros per month. Semi new-entry. So, of course, there are rumours they get some from aside to write in favour of clubs and players.

Also, the rooster is really poor, so the quality of the debates and columns are really shit.

In order to get biased and favorable media, you also need to have journo's in you back pocket.

It was mentioned earlier in the season that some journalists are actually paid to write and regurgitate negative stories and it was quickly established that certain personnel and outlets were being employed to do just that. It only becomes clear once the evidence is pointed out, until then it’s easy to point at people who have seen it and accuse them of Tin-Foil Hat status.

I read an article in the barbers many years ago, think it was GQ, which gave rise to the awareness of the media’s inclination to print ‘Fake News’. This was well before Trump coined the phrase and it showed instances dating back to Kennedy and before.

I’ve always had an issue with the media as they all have some form of agenda and try to influence proceedings, but what we don’t like to believe is that it would happen in our national sport. We want to believe that it’s all above board and that there is no real corruption in the game, otherwise the great British press would rout it out and keep us safe.

After many years of naivety and ignorance, we now are acutely aware of how the media works, and it’s not about integrity and sportsmanship, it’s about self-preservation and commercial interests.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

It was mentioned earlier in the season that some journalists are actually paid to write and regurgitate negative stories and it was quickly established that certain personnel and outlets were being employed to do just that. It only becomes clear once the evidence is pointed out, until then it’s easy to point at people who have seen it and accuse them of Tin-Foil Hat status.

I read an article in the barbers many years ago, think it was GQ, which gave rise to the awareness of the media’s inclination to print ‘Fake News’. This was well before Trump coined the phrase and it showed instances dating back to Kennedy and before.

I’ve always had an issue with the media as they all have some form of agenda and try to influence proceedings, but what we don’t like to believe is that it would happen in our national sport. We want to believe that it’s all above board and that there is no real corruption in the game, otherwise the great British press would rout it out and keep us safe.

After many years of naivety and ignorance, we now are acutely aware of how the media works, and it’s not about integrity and sportsmanship, it’s about self-preservation and commercial interests.

I don't think there is a mistery to anyone out there that the journo's are paid to write in someone's favour. I think the new media actually killed journalism, because instead of proper investigation and fair reporters, the field was filled up with leaches.
Many sites live from reach and clicks, and how can they do that without writing favorable things about the rags and scouse?

For example, here, of course it is not proven, but it similar to "there is no agenda against City", the football agents use their "house reporters" to make stories about their players in order they will get the real interes (if any) to bid more because there is an "offer on the table".
Watched a local game last night with a team that is said that has a powerfull political supporter and they got a favorable decision which was really bent, and I've heard the commentator trying to convince the audience it was fair. How many times did we hear that with us?

So, I think if we want good press, we need to buy cunts, but do we really want to do that?
Fuck the media. With all of their adversity, we still are the best English club of the decade.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:40 am

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I don't think there is a mistery to anyone out there that the journo's are paid to write in someone's favour. I think the new media actually killed journalism, because instead of proper investigation and fair reporters, the field was filled up with leaches.
Many sites live from reach and clicks, and how can they do that without writing favorable things about the rags and scouse?

For example, here, of course it is not proven, but it similar to "there is no agenda against City", the football agents use their "house reporters" to make stories about their players in order they will get the real interes (if any) to bid more because there is an "offer on the table".
Watched a local game last night with a team that is said that has a powerfull political supporter and they got a favorable decision which was really bent, and I've heard the commentator trying to convince the audience it was fair. How many times did we hear that with us?

So, I think if we want good press, we need to buy cunts, but do we really want to do that?
Fuck the media. With all of their adversity, we still are the best English club of the decade.

leeches - the perfect description of these parasites who feed off writing lies about us.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 am

Its finally been said

“BUT, Liverpool have got to win it again next season to be considered a great team.

“They’ve got to win it again, they can’t be waiting another 30 years.

“And I’m going to have pop at Klopp now – he tosses off two cups. When was the last time you saw Liverpool go deep in a domestic cup competition?

“If you look back over the last 20 years since the money has come into the game, you’ve see great teams – Manchester United’s treble-winning side, Chelsea’s double-winning side, Manchester City’s domestic treble-winning side, Arsenal’s double-winning side.

“City this year, credit to Pep, think about what they’re doing again this season, they could win the Champions League and they could win the FA Cup.

“And you know what? If they do that, they’ve had a better season than Liverpool!”
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:04 am

Brilliant piece from Robbie Savage doing the rounds this morning. Didn’t really expect him to get our situation but he has magnificently , nice one !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby belleebee » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:43 am

City64 wrote:Brilliant piece from Robbie Savage doing the rounds this morning. Didn’t really expect him to get our situation but he has magnificently , nice one !

Also a lovely appreciation of David Silva in the Grauniad, written by Simon Hattenstone who appears to be a proper City fan (how on earth did he get a job with the Grauniad?):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... inal-trick

After the last few days it's nice to see some positive things being written about City in the media (on the other hand, who gives a f*ck).
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:16 pm

There seems to be a bit of a narrative developing that the dippers need to bag more trophies in one season than just the one, to be rated a great team, in addition to Savage some other journos are quoting the City domestic treble, the rag treble of 1999 and the rags doing the double. Klopp has made no secret that he will not risk his players in domestic cups, be interesting to see if that changes next season.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:46 pm

belleebee wrote:
City64 wrote:Brilliant piece from Robbie Savage doing the rounds this morning. Didn’t really expect him to get our situation but he has magnificently , nice one !

Also a lovely appreciation of David Silva in the Grauniad, written by Simon Hattenstone who appears to be a proper City fan (how on earth did he get a job with the Grauniad?):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... inal-trick

After the last few days it's nice to see some positive things being written about City in the media (on the other hand, who gives a f*ck).

Astonishing article from the guardian. Usually it's just hatred and lies and bile

Silva is a one off in that everyone you ever chat with about football loves him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Just found out that Raddy Antic the guy who scored Luton’s goal at main road that relegated City in 1983 (I think) has died recently, was at that game, Pleat running onto the pitch like a dick, put it on media because I heard via media
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just found out that Raddy Antic the guy who scored Luton’s goal at main road that relegated City in 1983 (I think) has died recently, was at that game, Pleat running onto the pitch like a dick, put it on media because I heard via media

I was also at that game - outside after the match it was mayhem....black Maria got turned over and police on horseback trying to control the City fans.

I cried all the way back to Romily that day.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just found out that Raddy Antic the guy who scored Luton’s goal at main road that relegated City in 1983 (I think) has died recently, was at that game, Pleat running onto the pitch like a dick, put it on media because I heard via media

I was also at that game - outside after the match it was mayhem....black Maria got turned over and police on horseback trying to control the City fans.

I cried all the way back to Romily that day.

My mate blame Williams for that goal, said he did a superman type dive, never understood what he meant -:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyAUkaC6nsI

Please don’t cry again Carl
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Simister » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:41 pm

At last ....

We bite back
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 pm

Simister wrote:At last ....

We bite back

What irks me about that article is the wording along the lines of "despite City's partial clearance'

Anyone here live in Spain, preferably Madrid to see if this story breaks in Spain?

Bunch of cunts.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum