so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 am

aaron bond wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Weighed it al. Up, given players a chance, this season will be up and downs as Pep decides when players leave. We need better players in every department. The club have known it for 2 years and Pep will shake it up, a cull is coming.


But is it though?

It's not like we have drastically reduced our spending.

We are still spending significant amounts each season but our squad is unbalanced and definitely weaker than it has been previously.


We have legs for a start, we lack a leader OR 2 and we defo lack a killer instinct, Long straight balls leading to goals, well that is a joke but simple to sort out, get defenders who when called upon are able to cope, with the posession we have. Otter and Kola, are not that busy, they just have no pace to get them out of problems when they come, Chelsea exposed that weakness only after we missed 5 chances to make it a stroll in the park, Spurs and Chelsea have beat us without the ball ! We need to convert chances we had enough at Spurs to have a point, Saturday was a worry in the fact that 1-2 it was game over & when they broke again and scored. I think we are building this season and Pep is aware we need major changes even Kun, needs to be facing a battle for a shirt, we need variety to our game. I liked the passion of the players last few mins, it would never come to that if we take our chances. All that said if you have a Gnome in nets then you are gonna concede.
Hazy2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:15 am

I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Pep. Bayern always get the decisions from refs , so too Barca.

Now he is seeing the game from the other side of strange ref decisions.

It is a test of his character and talent . He must win something this season make no mistake.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12452
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:43 am

zuricity wrote:I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Pep. Bayern always get the decisions from refs , so too Barca.

Now he is seeing the game from the other side of strange ref decisions.

It is a test of his character and talent . He must win something this season make no mistake.



Not sure about that, taking over Barca was massive, his status as one of the best to play there was on the line, he even told the Catalans Hey I am selling the best number 10 you will ever have seen.The clubs best ever shirt seller at the time and on his day the worlds best player, now that's real pressure, He was proved right. He built a team ! City is going to be a challenge no doubt,he has not had to make difficult decision yet, Yaya is easy, his best days are behind him. Kun is the one for me that is going to be his biggest decision. Great goal scorer, fans fav player. Saturday will have kept him up all night. This only one real goal threat is where he will be angry for me we create chance after chance, and when the other team do the same, even at Celtic, we are on the half way line kicking off again asking wtf, Chelsea were clinical.
Hazy2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Pep. Bayern always get the decisions from refs , so too Barca.

Now he is seeing the game from the other side of strange ref decisions.

It is a test of his character and talent . He must win something this season make no mistake.



Not sure about that, taking over Barca was massive, his status as one of the best to play there was on the line, he even told the Catalans Hey I am selling the best number 10 you will ever have seen.The clubs best ever shirt seller at the time and on his day the worlds best player, now that's real pressure, He was proved right. He built a team ! City is going to be a challenge no doubt,he has not had to make difficult decision yet, Yaya is easy, his best days are behind him. Kun is the one for me that is going to be his biggest decision. Great goal scorer, fans fav player. Saturday will have kept him up all night. This only one real goal threat is where he will be angry for me we create chance after chance, and when the other team do the same, even at Celtic, we are on the half way line kicking off again asking wtf, Chelsea were clinical.

I think the lack of clinical finishing is the huge decisive factor in our season so far . Massive massive lack of it compared to previous seasons .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8332
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:21 am

At the end of the day, its harsh, as we were the better team early on, had the most chances we've had in weeks and the REF IS A CORUPT MUNICH TWAT WHO SHOULD BE SACKED. Pep needs to start speaking out like maureen did when the rag cunt got the liverpool/rags game.

BUT


1) Kolorov - PEP WHAT THE FUCK ARE DOING. It was plain to see that putting him as the MAIN CENTRE BACK vs Chelsea at 1-1/2-1 would result in goals. The cunt even stopped running for the third. He is poor. We are defensively poor. Is this our worst run at home since Hughes?

2) Stop leaving your best players out of the squad. Were Sterling and Nolito injured? Or will they start on Tuesday... He's done it with Stones and Gundogon TWICE, and got lucky both times. Our bench yesterday was poor. They bring on Willian.

3) If Pep's name wasn't Pep he would be under massive pressure.

The current period just makes me (And alot of blues) miss Mancini. I'm not saying pep is useless/or get rid blah blah, but Mancini came in (with a worse team) completely sured up the defence, and had us scoring goals. His downfall was cunts in the dressing room (top brass not backing him like they did with pep) and trying to mixup success, try wing backs (Which do not work at all) and doing this with the likes of a slow, fat, Maicon...

In other news, chelsea and the ref are cunts. I'm glad Fern showed some fight at the end. How the fuck did they get away with gripping Nacho and pushing him over????????
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6729
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:26 am

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Pep. Bayern always get the decisions from refs , so too Barca.

Now he is seeing the game from the other side of strange ref decisions.

It is a test of his character and talent . He must win something this season make no mistake.



Not sure about that, taking over Barca was massive, his status as one of the best to play there was on the line, he even told the Catalans Hey I am selling the best number 10 you will ever have seen.The clubs best ever shirt seller at the time and on his day the worlds best player, now that's real pressure, He was proved right. He built a team ! City is going to be a challenge no doubt,he has not had to make difficult decision yet, Yaya is easy, his best days are behind him. Kun is the one for me that is going to be his biggest decision. Great goal scorer, fans fav player. Saturday will have kept him up all night. This only one real goal threat is where he will be angry for me we create chance after chance, and when the other team do the same, even at Celtic, we are on the half way line kicking off again asking wtf, Chelsea were clinical.

I think the lack of clinical finishing is the huge decisive factor in our season so far . Massive massive lack of it compared to previous seasons .


Saturday was us at it as Pep wants it we just failed to finish easy chances. Peps plan worked we ran them ragged and got done on a counter attack with hoofs. Chelsea should have been looking at damage limitation after 50 mins.
Hazy2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby phips » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:51 pm

City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8330
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby mr_nool » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 pm

phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.


Last season we were top of the league on 29 points - on less than we have now.
Two seasons ago we were in second place with the same number of points as now: 30.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23846
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.


Ever heard of Google?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8818
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:46 pm

phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.


Fuck off !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8332
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby phips » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 am

mr_nool wrote:Last season we were top of the league on 29 points - on less than we have now.
Two seasons ago we were in second place with the same number of points as now: 30.

thanks for answering my question
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8330
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:39 am

mr_nool wrote:
phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.


Last season we were top of the league on 29 points - on less than we have now.
Two seasons ago we were in second place with the same number of points as now: 30.


I always forget to check these things. Thanks nool.

Does anyone know of a site that is constructed to let you compare these type of things easily?
User avatar
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:anyone know how many points we had under Pellegrini at this point last season?

A lot less than we have now . Now fuck off !!!

oh im sorry. did i say something wrong? i could've sworn all i did was ask a question and hope someone would provide me with that one piece of information....

stop assuming you think you know what im thinking or why im asking something.


Last season we were top of the league on 29 points - on less than we have now.
Two seasons ago we were in second place with the same number of points as now: 30.


I always forget to check these things. Thanks nool.

Does anyone know of a site that is constructed to let you compare these type of things easily?


Straight from the source:
https://www.premierleague.com/tables
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23846
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:44 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8818
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:43 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Pep. Bayern always get the decisions from refs , so too Barca.

Now he is seeing the game from the other side of strange ref decisions.

It is a test of his character and talent . He must win something this season make no mistake.



Not sure about that, taking over Barca was massive, his status as one of the best to play there was on the line, he even told the Catalans Hey I am selling the best number 10 you will ever have seen.The clubs best ever shirt seller at the time and on his day the worlds best player, now that's real pressure, He was proved right. He built a team ! City is going to be a challenge no doubt,he has not had to make difficult decision yet, Yaya is easy, his best days are behind him. Kun is the one for me that is going to be his biggest decision. Great goal scorer, fans fav player. Saturday will have kept him up all night. This only one real goal threat is where he will be angry for me we create chance after chance, and when the other team do the same, even at Celtic, we are on the half way line kicking off again asking wtf, Chelsea were clinical.

I think the lack of clinical finishing is the huge decisive factor in our season so far . Massive massive lack of it compared to previous seasons .


Saturday was us at it as Pep wants it we just failed to finish easy chances. Peps plan worked we ran them ragged and got done on a counter attack with hoofs. Chelsea should have been looking at damage limitation after 50 mins.

Totally agree , despite the total prick officiating we were bossing it and everything hinged on KDB scoring from 2 yards , 2 nil up game over ! We have to start killing teams off and take our chances end of !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8332
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:20 am

Cheers lads, bookmarking them now.
User avatar
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Justified logic » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Seriously disappointed so far by Pep?

Only in that he seems to have made our defence even leakier. Namely, expelling a top class shot stopper for one who couldn't stop a shot in the under 11s league and relying on Otamendi and Kolarov to defend fast counter attacks. If he fails to fix these issues by the end of the season I will be seriously disappointed as we will be struggling to hold onto 4th spot at this rate.

Saturday's game at Leicester will be another huge test of our defence.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3547
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:36 pm

All this and yet it's all so exciting. I still think we'll win the league.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18933
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 pm

IMO Pep is walking a tightrope and short term expectations of him are unfair.

He is building for the future and also trying to deliver immediately using existing players.
Expecting him to deliver this season is outrageous.
He should be judged on season 3 (maybe season 2 if he gets the targets he wants).

The future is the incredible young talent we have, Brown, Sterling, Sane, Nacho, Jesus, Monero, Gundogan, etc....
Immediate delivery using YaYa, Kolorov, Clichy, Fern2, Sagna, Vinny, Zabba, etc...

Long term he will deliver IMO.
Short term he may not.
He is not a magician and yet we are fantastic going forward but not clinical yet and our defence is leaky as a sieve.

Give him time. Give the club time to level the playing field (in the boardroom).

The future is Sky Blue.
User avatar
Dimples
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:Seriously disappointed so far by Pep?

Only in that he seems to have made our defence even leakier. Namely, expelling a top class shot stopper for one who couldn't stop a shot in the under 11s league and relying on Otamendi and Kolarov to defend fast counter attacks. If he fails to fix these issues by the end of the season I will be seriously disappointed as we will be struggling to hold onto 4th spot at this rate.

Saturday's game at Leicester will be another huge test of our defence.


I like what you have said, but if we take our chances our weakness is masked. To miss the amount we have this season at home takes some doing 2 pens in one game in there, we would be 20 plus points better off than the scum as a guide. Diabolical finishing is harming us just as much as the comedy club at the back.
Hazy2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beefymcfc, belleebee, Bluemoon4610, blues2win, budfox, carolina-blue, city72, Dameerto, harveytravis, HBlock Cripple, Hutch's Shoulder, nottsblue, PeterParker, Pretty Boy Lee, PrezIke, ruralblue, sharkey, Sideshow Bob, Sparklehorse, stevefromdonny, Yukscore and 62 guests