Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any interest in Messi this year, but also I just can't see him going to PSG.

Assuming they win the cl, is that enough for him to win the Balon Dor. I'm not sure it will be awarded based on 13 games. None of the Ligue 1 games will be taken into account.

He will also be used as the face of one of the most controversial world cups ever. The cancel culture club haven't really turned their attention to Qatar yet but they will soon enough, highlighting the conditions and deaths of workers. The media will lap it up and reveal scandal and bribery and there will be Messi caught between a rock and a hard place. Qatar won't care, they will feel they own him

Wherever he goes, he clearly doesn't want to be there and that's why I think we are not interested. Last year was different, the best player in the world was trying to force through a move to the club he felt were best placed to win the cl and his best chance of winning the balon dor. He would have been leaving on bad terms and we saw the potential for a much longer term association with Messi. He could have stayed on with CFG as an ambassador.

The way he has now left Barca, he will be back there the first chance he gets but where does he go now?
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 am

Gone to PSG 2 year deal.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Lancashire
Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 am

Thank fuck that is over .
Unreal player.
One fucking greedy money grabbing little cunt .
PSG ? How are they getting away with it ?

Citeh ruining football :roll:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9827
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby salford city » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 am

City64 wrote:Thank fuck that is over .
Unreal player.
One fucking greedy money grabbing little cunt .
PSG ? How are they getting away with it ?

Citeh ruining football :roll:


Its all going to get a bit iffy once the media start in on Qatar. Strange that PSG get messi as qatar have the next world cup. Messi, Mbop and Neymar - their defenders are going to be knackered covering for them
Agree that it will be us ruining the game still though
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:42 am

Amen, glad that shit is over.
He wouldn't have been able to do it in the Premier League anyway.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:14 am

I somewhat want to play them.
I enjoyed beating that gang of cheaters and divers more than I should.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17672
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:16 am

trueblue64 wrote:Gone to PSG 2 year deal.


They do the 'where do we sign' bit even quicker than United!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16835
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Its always been his dream to play in France :D
User avatar
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6791
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35 am
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:19 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think we have any interest in Messi this year, but also I just can't see him going to PSG


Some you win, some you lose but that was a quick knockdown! Just lie low for a day mate :D

Funny how some very rich people are uncannily motivated by money above anything else. There was all that tax dodging in Spain which was bought off.

How much money do multi millionaires need?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16835
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:33 pm

john@staustell wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think we have any interest in Messi this year, but also I just can't see him going to PSG


Some you win, some you lose but that was a quick knockdown! Just lie low for a day mate :D

Funny how some very rich people are uncannily motivated by money above anything else. There was all that tax dodging in Spain which was bought off.

How much money do multi millionaires need?


It's like he read my post and said "I'll show him".

Well now he can sit back for a month and relax until the first cl match. He is only going to play 3 or 4 matches of any worth for the rest of 2021.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:38 pm

bottled it
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15901
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:36 am

I am glad this is over now.

Can't hide the fact besides the piss-taking I wanted him to join pure of marketing reason and I think he would have helped us a lot outside the pitch, but also in critical moments when we were out of ideas near the end of some games.

But I am content we did the right thing.
Why do you think we did not get involved? Imho, we had the upper hand, but I think he really did upset our board last season when he might have made a fool out of the boys and same like with Mino Raiola, they know how to hold a grudge.
I don't think the salary story holds. Which player would be upset to earn less than Messi?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17672
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Dimples » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:40 am

PeterParker wrote:I am glad this is over now.

Can't hide the fact besides the piss-taking I wanted him to join pure of marketing reason and I think he would have helped us a lot outside the pitch, but also in critical moments when we were out of ideas near the end of some games.

But I am content we did the right thing.
Why do you think we did not get involved? Imho, we had the upper hand, but I think he really did upset our board last season when he might have made a fool out of the boys and same like with Mino Raiola, they know how to hold a grudge.
I don't think the salary story holds. Which player would be upset to earn less than Messi?


Certainly looks like he shafted us in the past.
Never really intended to leave Barca and used us to negotiate a better deal (twice).

Also, time stands still for no one including Messi.
He has played a lot of football and the PL is tough and unforgiving. The moments of magic would come less frequently and injury more frequently.

Combine the two, run the numbers and the club decided Messi was not worth it.
If we get Kane we do not need him.
User avatar
Dimples
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:55 am

Rumors that PSG have to sell 10 players to fund the big pay for the old GOAT (Greediest of all time).
:o
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Scatman » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am

sheblue wrote:Rumors that PSG have to sell 10 players to fund the big pay for the old GOAT (Greediest of all time).
:o


Any in particular?

And I guess it also means United are stuck with Pogba for another year.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 am

Scatman wrote:
sheblue wrote:Rumors that PSG have to sell 10 players to fund the big pay for the old GOAT (Greediest of all time).
:o


Any in particular?

And I guess it also means United are stuck with Pogba for another year.


I'd seen mentioned that kid in midfield from everton who was sent off against us last season. It won't be neymar, mbop or di maria
Will be interesting to see how Poch copes with this. I don't see it ending well with those egos
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:23 am

Can we delete this thread now please ? The little greedy midget isn't coming so we can fuck this thread off for good.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28260
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can we delete this thread now please ? The little greedy midget isn't coming so we can fuck this thread off for good.


Exactly. This shit is over now for good.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?


Mark Radcliffe
User avatar
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40466
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Deep in the pimp game
Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby PeterParker » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Apparently, he won the Ballon D”or again.
Why? He did fuckall this year, there are many players that were better in 2021.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17672
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm

PeterParker wrote:Apparently, he won the Ballon D”or again.
Why? He did fuckall this year, there are many players that were better in 2021.


scored 47 goals in 63 club and international games in 20/21
won the copa america with argentina
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15901
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue In Bolton, BlueinBosnia, BoffinBlue, Burt, carolina-blue, CTID Hants, gmercer1, Google [Bot], Harry Dowd scored, HBlock Cripple, john@staustell, johnny crossan, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, Nick, nottsblue, patrickblue, PeterParker, sheblue, Wooders and 121 guests