New Super League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Super League

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:The biggest mistake we made was publishing that stupid statement. It gave us no info and fucked us massively. If that hadn’t been put out we could have just said we’d agreed verbally at the last min, but needed time to look in to it properly.

Mase this has been the chance to break up the UEFA cartel some clubs like us have been waiting for . Rags Liverpool Madrid and others have been stitched up proper here by the looks of things .

I’m glad we’re out, but I feel like the only good guys from all this are PSG and the German clubs.

I think them two bent clubs smelt a rat to be fair and stayed well and truly the fuck out of it or they were sounded out ?
Bayern were the ESL architects and with Dortmund & PSG were in it up to their necks - the 3 unnamed founding members. Staying in the dark shadows is what they excel at but getting thanked by UEFA shows the utterly unfathomable depths of corruption in Euroland

I've no doubt you're correct in that, the German clubs waiting until it was a fait accompli so the ownership issue could be circumvented, PSG needing to wait until the Qatar world cup was out of the way.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:The biggest mistake we made was publishing that stupid statement. It gave us no info and fucked us massively. If that hadn’t been put out we could have just said we’d agreed verbally at the last min, but needed time to look in to it properly.

Mase this has been the chance to break up the UEFA cartel some clubs like us have been waiting for . Rags Liverpool Madrid and others have been stitched up proper here by the looks of things .

I’m glad we’re out, but I feel like the only good guys from all this are PSG and the German clubs.

I think them two bent clubs smelt a rat to be fair and stayed well and truly the fuck out of it or they were sounded out ?
Bayern were the ESL architects and with Dortmund & PSG were in it up to their necks - the 3 unnamed founding members. Staying in the dark shadows is what they excel at but getting thanked by UEFA shows the utterly unfathomable depths of corruption in Euroland

To be honest, weird that Madrid were so, so into breaking this. They are the single team I've never seen robbed in UCL.
They were their sweethearts.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Official now, were out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

PeterParker wrote:
To be honest, weird that Madrid were so, so into breaking this. They are the single team I've never seen robbed in UCL.
They were their sweethearts.

Perez's words told the whole story - a lack of interest in Spain, falling viewership figures on TV, it was all from a Spanish perspective - when he talked about being ruined he was talking about Real.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:31 pm

OS currently down - Slimy Tyler reporting we have formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from ESL
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 pm

UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin welcomed the withdrawal of Manchester City from the proposed Super League.

He said: “I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family.

“They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football; from the world beating Champions League final right down to a young player’s first coaching session at a grassroots club.

“As I said at the UEFA Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision.

“City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.”

There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:35 pm

"Manchester City Football Club can confirm that it has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm

trueblue64 wrote:UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin welcomed the withdrawal of Manchester City from the proposed Super League.

“They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football; from the world beating Champions League final right down to a young player’s first coaching session at a grassroots club.

“As I said at the UEFA Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision.

“City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.”

Just read that on Twitter. I mean that's UEFA!!
Unreal stuff.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 pm

sheblue wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin welcomed the withdrawal of Manchester City from the proposed Super League.

Unreal stuff.

So no bent decisions in the semis?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:41 pm

Every time I hear Ceferin feign interest in football fans (especially English football fans) I feel the urge to be sick. You're not off the hook by a long shot you bent cunt.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:41 pm

We're the uefa sweethearts now
Expect some dodgy pennos against PSG
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:42 pm

So it turns out Mourinho may well be the only manager to be sacked from an ESL club.

Truly special
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:So it turns out Mourinho may well be the only manager to be sacked from an ESL club.

Truly special

Read that on the beeb.
Made me chuckle.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Hmmm maybe this is our turning point with the powers that be, we may be seen as the ones who exited first and saved the world. For that they owe us at least one Champions League trophy, please.

Then we can all move on from this shit fascination everybody (but actually nobody) has with winning that shit hole corrupted competition.

If quite happily live without it, it might bring back some meaning and passion into the international games. I know it won’t happen but I really really wouldn’t miss it.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Unreal stuff.

So no bent decisions in the semis?

I wouldn't go that far. And certainly wo t be trusting them any time soon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:55 pm

Good job we won't be there to boo the anthem.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 pm

I heard that if Spurs were the last club in the ESL they still wouldn’t win it :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Early days yet. But anyone even slightly concerned that were the only ones to formally leave. And the others are still in, for now.
This could all have been a ploy against us.
Maybe I am being too cynical.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:"Manchester City Football Club can confirm that it has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League."

NOW it's official.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum