Welcome Erling Haaland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Erling Haaland

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:08 pm

The more we learn about Erling, the more i like him

Erling about his first date"All I think about is goals and a net all day long. This is why I failed my first date with an Austrian girl. During the dinner or lunch dates, I would talk goals to her. Things like 'how many goals do you think I will score tomorrow?'. She would be annoyed because she wanted me to forget about football and talk love when I am with her. But unfortunately, the love I have is football. So I told her to go find a good man who plays love, not football."

This boy is not an ordinary person.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:15 pm

CTID Hants wrote:The more we learn about Erling, the more i like him

Erling about his first date"All I think about is goals and a net all day long. This is why I failed my first date with an Austrian girl. During the dinner or lunch dates, I would talk goals to her. Things like 'how many goals do you think I will score tomorrow?'. She would be annoyed because she wanted me to forget about football and talk love when I am with her. But unfortunately, the love I have is football. So I told her to go find a good man who plays love, not football."

Long may it continue he is putting the fear of god in everyone. Was talking about him in the boozer earlier and cannot temember the last time a striker was so feared - proper natural striker that you cannot mark or keep quiet
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:04 pm

salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The more we learn about Erling, the more i like him

Long may it continue he is putting the fear of god in everyone. Was talking about him in the boozer earlier and cannot temember the last time a striker was so feared - proper natural striker that you cannot mark or keep quiet

I think the biggest problem people in the media have, or other teams have with Erling is that firstly he is not from those "renowned" countries. Argentina, Brazil, Spain whatever. He's from Norway.

Sure his dad was a good professional footballer, but generally the Norwegians are not known for Football. They are a very well educated , advanced society. Of course , also very rich because of their good oil investments.

So knowing that their language is not global, they all learn English from day one. This helps Erling , being multilingual from a young boy.

So know you have a stable , behemoth of a player , who reads books in English as well as his native language, who probably has better Grammar than any of the English players in the City team , A foreign player that has an acerbic sense of humour and above all can't be ruffled by the dciks that interview him .

I don't think he is greedy , i think he wants to do the right thing every time, hence being pissed when Foden and Walker failed to make the correct pass. I don't think he thinks , "i would have had two more goals so far . had these two pratts squared the ball" rather than "They should have squared the ball , because that is the right thing to do in that situation and you must do it ,because there will be games when we really need the one goal ".

He's going to be one hell of a player and i am glad he's at City.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:31 pm

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:13 pm

From our raggy friends at the BBC in their match report of Norway v Serbia last night
"Manchester City striker Erling Haaland played the full 90 minutes for Norway, and had four shots, but failed to score for the 10th time in 23 international games."

the hurt is strong :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:From our raggy friends at the BBC in their match report of Norway v Serbia last night
"Manchester City striker Erling Haaland played the full 90 minutes for Norway, and had four shots, but failed to score for the 10th time in 23 international games."

Laughable

But Haaland will have the last laugh
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:From our raggy friends at the BBC in their match report of Norway v Serbia last night

Laughable

Kane must be a donkey so :)

Harry Kane has failed to score in 39 of his 75 England appearances, 52% fail rate
Harry Kane has scored 51 goals in 75 England appearances. Strike rate 68%

Haaland has scored 21 goals in 23 Norwegian appearances. Strike rate 91%.
Haaland has failed to score in 10 of his 23 Norwegian appearances, 43% fail rate
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zuricity » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Dimples wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Laughable

Harry Kane has failed to score in 39 of his 75 England appearances, 52% fail rate

Haaland has failed to score in 10 of his 23 Norwegian appearances, 43% fail rate

Can you please separare Kane's goals into Goals achieved and Penalties taken on behalf of someone else's effort ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dimples » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
Dimples wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Laughable

Can you please separare Kane's goals into Goals achieved and Penalties taken on behalf of someone else's effort ?

To much like hard work.

Quick google:
Kane has scored 15 penalties for England. 15/51*100 = 29% of Kane's total are penalties
Haaland has scored 3 penalties for Norway. 3/21*100 = 14% of Haaland's total are penalties.

I have no idea who 'earned' the penalties.

Fun fact: When Kane was the same age as Haaland is now, he had 8 England caps and 3 goals!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:34 am

"Manchester City striker Erling Haaland played the full 90 minutes for Norway, and https://buzzshot.co/t/w6254/ four shots, but failed to score for the 10th time in 23 international games."

First of all stop making our eyes bleed with that shitty colour.... secondly, put in context

Erling has played 23 games for Norwegian senior squad, scoring a total of 21 goals.... meaning if that stat by aunty is correct, he has scored in only
scored 13 games, scoring 21 goals.....or am i missing summat?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:27 am

CTID Hants wrote:
"Manchester City striker Erling Haaland played the full 90 minutes for Norway, and https://buzzshot.co/t/w6254/ four shots, but failed to score for the 10th time in 23 international games."

First of all stop making our eyes bleed with that shitty colour.... secondly, put in context

Erling has played 23 games for Norwegian senior squad, scoring a total of 21 goals.... meaning if that stat by aunty is correct, he has scored in only
Oh dear, poor old Hants misses the bus again - irony is not your strong suit is it?
Read it again after your cornflakes :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:26 am

johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Oh dear, poor old Hants misses the bus again - irony is not your strong suit is it?

hants was posting at bear o’clock so presumably was about 10 stellas down
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Well observed NT, i didnt bother reading the link and i don't wife beater as it is too sweet, i stay loyal to a pint of numbers , 1664 to you....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Well observed NT, i didnt bother reading the link and i don't wife beater as it is too sweet, i stay loyal to a pint of numbers , 1664 to you....

Can anyone translate Martian into English ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 am

He prefers Kronenbourg to Stella because Stella is too sweet
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 pm

It’s like playing football in cheat mode with Haaland. He gets into positions and finishes chances that most other players only dream about
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:It’s like playing football in cheat mode with Haaland. He gets into positions and finishes chances that most other players only dream about

I think he might be better than Darwin Nunez?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:13 am

copenhagen and soton both at home next - 2 more hat tricks??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:46 am

Thought he was signing some big deal with adidas? He’s wearing Nike’s at the moment - hopefully he doesn’t change.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am

I thought Haaland's assists yesterday were very impressive. With Pep there his game will evolve, it looks like this is only the start......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum