Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:50 am

Dimples wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:https://talksport.com/football/1344002/

Is that headline misleading or what?

Deliberately so

Rediculous headline.
Breaking the season into chunks now to feed the required narrative.
That is how you lose credibility.

You have to have credibility to lose it . Talkcrap has never been a credible platform to discuss football.
Their presenters have an agenda , which is unacceptable for a media outlet.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:13 pm

https://cityxtra.co.uk/2413/manchester- ... ona-probe/

This better not happen or Pep can fuck off along with hos apologists. He should be starting ahead of Mahrez or at least guaranteed that next season.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:22 pm

Outcast wrote:https://cityxtra.co.uk/2413/manchester-city-forward-could-seek-summer-loan-move-after-barcelona-probe/

This better not happen or Pep can fuck off along with hos apologists. He should be starting ahead of Mahrez or at least guaranteed that next season.

Don't see what the concern is. He's under contract until 2027. Is there a buy-out clause in place? Barcelona can't afforde anyone.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
Outcast wrote:https://cityxtra.co.uk/2413/manchester-city-forward-could-seek-summer-loan-move-after-barcelona-probe/

Don't see what the concern is. He's under contract until 2027. Is there a buy-out clause in place? Barcelona can't afforde anyone.

The player will kick a fuss and ask to leave, that's my concern. Can you blame him if he did? We have a tendency to bend over to Barcelona, it's starting to irk me now
Outcast

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:44 pm

Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The player will kick a fuss and ask to leave, that's my concern. Can you blame him if he did? We have a tendency to bend over to Barcelona, it's starting to irk me now

A player who is under contract to City for another 4.5 seasons, who has been here half a season, wants to leave, scream the negative headlines.
Rashford, who is as good if not better than Mbappe (since the WC :lol: ) has only one year left on his contract. Where are the negative headlines?
MU have a wage cap of £200K a week, will Rashford be happy with that? Would Mbappe? :lol: How are MU going to tie the wonder kid and Saint down? Where are the negative headlines?

The media is just BS, biased reporting towards the boys in Red, not to be taken seriously.

imo, a lot of players have left City but very few have been unqualified successes. Maybe, and it is still a maybe, Zinch and Jesus at Arsenal.
If City decide that Alvarez can leave, with four years on his contract, so be it, they know what they are doing.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:12 pm

If Alvarez leaves no one should blame him as our manager hasn’t got a clue how to use him on a regular basis .
It’s like he picks him when he hasn’t played for a few Games just for picking him sake.

Álvarez is the real and will be a star for any other team.

If he leaves ill start a Baldie out thread .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 pm

I thought you liked him now?

So fickle.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:23 am

Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:

A player who is under contract to City for another 4.5 seasons, who has been here half a season, wants to leave, scream the negative headlines.
Rashford, who is as good if not better than Mbappe (since the WC :lol: ) has only one year left on his contract. Where are the negative headlines?
MU have a wage cap of £200K a week, will Rashford be happy with that? Would Mbappe? :lol: How are MU going to tie the wonder kid and Saint down? Where are the negative headlines?

The media is just BS, biased reporting towards the boys in Red, not to be taken seriously.

imo, a lot of players have left City but very few have been unqualified successes. Maybe, and it is still a maybe, Zinch and Jesus at Arsenal.
If City decide that Alvarez can leave, with four years on his contract, so be it, they know what they are doing.

Rags? Media? Rashford?
What's that got to do with an unhappy player? It's true players can go if they're unhappy. Alverez has proven himself on the big stage, zinch and Jesus not fit enough to lace his boots so let's put it into perspective. I can't blame him if he wants to fuck off based on playing time. Mahrez is aging and doing well, but Alverez is the future, I'd prioritise his playing time over Mahrez.
Outcast

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:53 am

I like Mahrez, very skilled, best first touch in the league, super left foot. But Alvarez and Foden, when playing well, are far more mobile and energetic, that gives us a much needed dimension against blanket defences.
Mahrez is slower and more predictable.

Get your best players playing well and get them in the team. Simple no need for mass over complication.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:02 am

sheblue wrote:I like Mahrez, very skilled, best first touch in the league, super left foot. But Alvarez and Foden, when playing well, are far more mobile and energetic, that gives us a much needed dimension against blanket defences.
Mahrez is slower and more predictable.

Get your best players playing well and get them in the team. Simple no need for mass over complication.

And, sadly, Mahrez is 32.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:10 am

Mahrez is good for the games we need to keep the ball. Foden/Alvarez are better for the games we just want to attack the opposition and blow them away.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:14 am

Mase wrote:Mahrez is good for the games we need to keep the ball. Foden/Alvarez are better for the games we just want to attack the opposition and blow them away.

Thats most games so. ;)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:15 am

dazby wrote:I thought you liked him now?

So fickle.

Not at all - I give credit where credit is due, unlike cunts like you who see no wrong no matter what the manager does .

Fact is and it is a fact , Alvarez has hardly been used - Latin America’s player of the year and Argentina’s star in the WC .

It’s disgraceful .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:16 pm

Outcast wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Rags? Media? Rashford?
What's that got to do with an unhappy player? It's true players can go if they're unhappy. Alverez has proven himself on the big stage, zinch and Jesus not fit enough to lace his boots so let's put it into perspective. I can't blame him if he wants to fuck off based on playing time. Mahrez is aging and doing well, but Alverez is the future, I'd prioritise his playing time over Mahrez.

I was trying to make two points and they are just my opinions.

1. I do not believe anything spouted by the media which is pro-Red teams and anti-City.
The anti-City and pro-Red articles they write are not worth taking seriously.
Who says Alvarez is unhappy (with 4.5 years left on his contract) - the media do.
Who says Rashford is happy and with one year left on his contract is not running it down - the media do.
IMO neither viewpoint is worth discussing as they are both media spin.

2. Assume Alvarez does want to leave. As far as I am concerned he can do one.
He has been here 6 months, he needs to shut up and establish himself while City work out how best he serves the team and club while we transition, etc...
Same goes for every player. The club is bigger than any player. That is why Cancello was thrown out. Billy big balls players destroy team morale.
Any club is on the road to nowhere if they let some players dictate how things should be.
Arsenal got rid of Ozil and Aubameyang and are in a much better place since they got booted out.
PSG who bow to player power, have Mbappe, Neymar and Messi dictating things and cannot win the CL.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:45 pm

This is the translation from the Spanish tweet. :

Julián Álvarez, who returned to the title with a goal at Manchester City, has not yet agreed to renew the contract.
*️⃣Barcelona and other clubs have probed it. If he still does not have a leading role, it should not be ruled out that he seeks a loan in June.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:00 pm

So if anyone cares to think about it he might want to go on loan as he can't get in ahead of Haaland.
So he'd go to Barca as they've only got Lewandowski.
Can't see it somehow.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:36 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

This is the translation from the Spanish tweet. :

Julián Álvarez, who returned to the title with a goal at Manchester City, has not yet agreed to renew the contract.
*️⃣Barcelona and other clubs have probed it. If he still does not have a leading role, it should not be ruled out that he seeks a loan in June.

:lol: :lol:
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:04 pm

Wonder what it’s like being probed by Barca. They sure do a lot of it with our players. Some sore arse holes walking around the Etihad.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Mase wrote:Wonder what it’s like being probed by Barca. They sure do a lot of it with our players. Some sore arse holes walking around the Etihad.

"Being probe by Barca" sounds straight out of a Michael Jackson documentary.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:Wonder what it’s like being probed by Barca. They sure do a lot of it with our players. Some sore arse holes walking around the Etihad.

"Being probe by Barca" sounds straight out of a Michael Jackson documentary.

We might need to start taking the B off Barca
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum