***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Number one priority—yes, above a LB—has to be to get a natural number 10 in the next transfer window. Not someone like Mahrez or Bernardo or Gundogan who are supposedly creative yet really create nothing. A natural number 10. A Christian Eriksen type player, but better.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Number one priority—yes, above a LB—has to be to get a natural number 10 in the next transfer window. Not someone like Mahrez or Bernardo or Gundogan who are supposedly creative yet really create nothing. A natural number 10. A Christian Eriksen type player, but better.

Yes indeed that will enable us to sell that lump De Bruyne.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Youre hilarious. No, KDB needs a partner. He cannot be the sole creative player in the side. Our hopes of winning or losing every match cannot rely only on KDB. And don't give me that bullshit about Foden replacing Silva. Foden is NOT a number 10 and never will be; he is NOT a creative player.
Saul Goodman

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Number one priority—yes, above a LB—has to be to get a natural number 10 in the next transfer window. Not someone like Mahrez or Bernardo or Gundogan who are supposedly creative yet really create nothing. A natural number 10. A Christian Eriksen type player, but better.

For me the priority has to be a striker. One good enough to replace Kun
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:

For me the priority has to be a striker. One good enough to replace Kun

We could have Lewandowski and Aguero out there together but it won't matter if no one gets them the ball in dangerous areas
Saul Goodman

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Haaland needs to be our number 1 target.
Fuck the spafia and their wars, that fella is a monster and we have a direct line to him.

He needs to be Sergio's replacement.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wooders » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:04 pm

PeterParker wrote:Haaland needs to be our number 1 target.
Fuck the spafia and their wars, that fella is a monster and we have a direct line to him.

He needs to be Sergio's replacement.

Just said in the pep thread, bring his manager too
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Favre? Hahah. NO
Saul Goodman

Postby Wooders » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Favre? Hahah. NO

Right. Why?

He has a track record of overachieving with teams he manages and is currently going great guns at Dortmund, he has a style of football that is very enjoyable to watch and he’s a very popular manager amongst his players and puts a great squad together

So come on genius why’s it so funny to think he’d be a good fit here?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dub City » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:47 pm

With Aguero injured again surely it’s time to bring balotelli back on a short term contract as a free agent I’m sure Pep would love to have him in his squad.

In all seriousness the only free agent that I could think Of was a Sturridge on a short term deal but given his injury record is worse than Aguero would most likely be a bit pointless, by time he would be fit to be an option we would probably be at the January transfer window, that’s assuming he didn’t get injured in training.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Dub City wrote:With Aguero injured again surely it’s time to bring balotelli back on a short term contract as a free agent I’m sure Pep would love to have him in his squad.

In all seriousness the only free agent that I could think Of was a Sturridge on a short term deal but given his injury record is worse than Aguero would most likely be a bit pointless, by time he would be fit to be an option we would probably be at the January transfer window, that’s assuming he didn’t get injured in training.

Either that or stick to his word and play Delap
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dub City » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Mase wrote:
Dub City wrote:With Aguero injured again surely it’s time to bring balotelli back on a short term contract as a free agent I’m sure Pep would love to have him in his squad.

Either that or stick to his word and play Delap

That would be great be he didn’t even have him on the bench when there was no other striker option today which makes fuck all sense
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Wooders wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Favre? Hahah. NO

Right. Why?

He has a track record of overachieving with teams he manages and is currently going great guns at Dortmund, he has a style of football that is very enjoyable to watch and he’s a very popular manager amongst his players and puts a great squad together

So come on genius why’s it so funny to think he’d be a good fit here?

Because hes bad and going to be sacked at Dortmund after this season. He has woefully underperformed with that squad notably choking away the title two seasons ago.

"Overachieving with teams" is a trait you want at Nice and Gladbach aka smaller clubs that are desperate to do well. If youre City you don't hire a Favre. You hire a Pochettino or a Nagelsmann who are objectively great coaches and have done well at top clubs (yes, Leipzig is now a top club).

Dortmund have won 3 out of their last 15 CL away matches (with two of those recent wins at Brugge and Sparta Prague, not exactly titans of football). Not all of those are Favre but if you think watching Pep now is frustrating imagine dealing with Favre.
Saul Goodman

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:"There's only two .....

Tell them JC. I’m not a slag!

There'll never be another Dragan
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 am

Cobblers.
We need a natural FINISHER
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Youre hilarious. No, KDB needs a partner. He cannot be the sole creative player in the side. Our hopes of winning or losing every match cannot rely only on KDB. And don't give me that bullshit about Foden replacing Silva. Foden is NOT a number 10 and never will be; he is NOT a creative player.

Saul.
I could be wrong, but I think he might just possibly have meant it sarcastically. ...
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Youre hilarious. No, KDB needs a partner. He cannot be the sole creative player in the side. Our hopes of winning or losing every match cannot rely only on KDB. And don't give me that bullshit about Foden replacing Silva. Foden is NOT a number 10 and never will be; he is NOT a creative player.

Saul.
I could be wrong, but I think he might just possibly have meant it sarcastically. ...

Despite recent improvements Saul has a rather low IQ (Irony Quotient) not untypical of his locality though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:02 am

Scum have done it with Larson Zlatan and now Cavani, is Pep capable of bringing in a forward player who has not been retrained programmed to his way. It’s a gamble and Pep does not strike me as throw the dice guy. Danny Ings would be a good addition for me, clever player 28.
Last edited by Hazy2 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am

RodneyRodney wrote:

Saul.

No Fawlty, I wont have it !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Jesus out for another 6 weeks, Aguero who knows how long.
We should be signing a striker Jan who can do a job for us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum