Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Outcast » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:08 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:I still don’t understand why in Jan? We’ve helped Barca out because they’re languishing in 7th place in LaLiga. This doesn’t benefit us to do the deal at this time.

some would have you believe we are playing the long game to help them out. Absolute bullshit. We are helping them out because the Spafia want to. We could have asked for any number of their players in this deal but chose not to as that would weaken them more. Fucking baffling that the chairman has not stepped in here especially if a striker does not arrive in this window. Don't get it at all

They've been trying to get rid of half of their squad to comply with their new regulations. I don't think we're trying to help them nor playing a long game. It's true they have an affection for their city but I doubt they'll risk their reputation, why would they leave in first place? I'm pretty sure Barcelona would take them back at any given day if they they choose to go back! At end of they day the player wanted to go, I don't want players hanging around if they don't want to be here and fuck our season just to make a point.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Bending over to help Barcelona, its just embarrassing.
This deal now at this stage is of no benefit to us.
Just more favours for the Barca boys.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Mase wrote:I still don’t understand why in Jan? We’ve helped Barca out because they’re languishing in 7th place in LaLiga. This doesn’t benefit us to do the deal at this time.

Agree. Timing is shit if we dont replace him.

Big window next summer for us. We need a left back, an attacker(to replace torres) and a central def mid(to replace fern) to get back to the squad we had at the end of the summer window. Thats before we consider adding a striker.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:27 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Big window next summer for us. We need a left back, an attacker(to replace torres) and a central def mid(to replace fern) to get back to the squad we had at the end of the summer window. Thats before we consider adding a striker.

We will need a left back, but its an old tune that.
We will need a striker.
Re Ferns replacement isn't Lavia highly rated.
Palmer replaces Torres.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:32 pm

Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

some would have you believe we are playing the long game to help them out. Absolute bullshit. We are helping them out because the Spafia want to. We could have asked for any number of their players in this deal but chose not to as that would weaken them more. Fucking baffling that the chairman has not stepped in here especially if a striker does not arrive in this window. Don't get it at all

They've been trying to get rid of half of their squad to comply with their new regulations. I don't think we're trying to help them nor playing a long game. It's true they have an affection for their city but I doubt they'll risk their reputation, why would they leave in first place? I'm pretty sure Barcelona would take them back at any given day if they they choose to go back! At end of they day the player wanted to go, I don't want players hanging around if they don't want to be here and fuck our season just to make a point.

The Spafia are top of the tree in their chosen professions. You do not get there by being sentimental and unprofessional. Without doubt it suited City to let Torres go, otherwise it would not have happened. End of story.
The reasons it suited City are probably many and varied and we can only guess - build a transfer kitty for a top striker, cash in and make a profit, Pep decided Torres would not make it at City, Torres missed Spain and was depressed, Torres could not score with English women, Jack and Phil would not let him join their drinking club, etc... We just do not know.
For me one aspect of the deal is the long term view. City took a professional decision that Torres could leave. We probably decided that there was very little benefit to keeping him here until the Summer (for whatever reason) so let him go to Baraca now and keep building a good working relationship with them. Football is a business and that makes good business sense to me. No way are City doing 'Barca' a favor at City's expense. The club is to well run for that to happen.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:54 pm

Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

The Spafia are top of the tree in their chosen professions. You do not get there by being sentimental and unprofessional. Without doubt it suited City to let Torres go, otherwise it would not have happened. End of story.
The reasons it suited City are probably many and varied and we can only guess - build a transfer kitty for a top striker, cash in and make a profit, Pep decided Torres would not make it at City, Torres missed Spain and was depressed, Torres could not score with English women, Jack and Phil would not let him join their drinking club, etc... We just do not know.
For me one aspect of the deal is the long term view. City took a professional decision that Torres could leave. We probably decided that there was very little benefit to keeping him here until the Summer (for whatever reason) so let him go to Baraca now and keep building a good working relationship with them. Football is a business and that makes good business sense to me. No way are City doing 'Barca' a favor at City's expense. The club is to well run for that to happen.

Respect your opinion mate, but none of the reasons you give for us selling now couldn’t have waited until the summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:10 pm

That being said, we sign McAtee up and I’ll be happy anyway.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:21 pm

Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

Good post, except that the Spafia are top of the tree in their chose professions.
They are not, things panned out great for us, yeah, but not because of them. We missed a few main targets under them, they failed to offer us the protection needed with UEFA and PIGMOL (see keep getting Lahoz in key European moments).
Sure, they helped the brand expand, but football wise they have some work to do here.

But they are, indeed, good. But not the best.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

Good post, except that the Spafia are top of the tree in their chose professions.
They are not, things panned out great for us, yeah, but not because of them. We missed a few main targets under them, they failed to offer us the protection needed with UEFA and PIGMOL (see keep getting Lahoz in key European moments).
Sure, they helped the brand expand, but football wise they have some work to do here.

But they are, indeed, good. But not the best.

What would the rags do to have them at their helm right now. We are envy of football in terms of structure, I agree they aren't perfect, they have flaws, but why change something if itsnt broken. Look at PSG, buying the best players but have no structure. We are the best if not one of the best teams in the world.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Outcast wrote:
What would the rags do to have them at their helm right now. We are envy of football in terms of structure, I agree they aren't perfect, they have flaws, but why change something if itsnt broken. Look at PSG, buying the best players but have no structure. We are the best if not one of the best teams in the world.

The rags are a case study for having money and pissing them away.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:13 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Outcast wrote:

The rags are a case study for having money and pissing them away.

We are exceptionally run and rhe envy of most if not all in europe. The Barca love-in continues and we will see how that goes when they are not in the shit. I hope all this is us clearing the room for a striker whilst looking to bring on Delap. No problem in Torres going bur the timing is wank if there is nothing coming in and Mahrez off to AFCON
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:30 pm

JC, seeing you have the dubious benefit of a free subscription to the Athletic, can you print the article purporting to tell us all why Torres went to Barca?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:12 pm

patrickblue wrote:JC, seeing you have the dubious benefit of a free subscription to the Athletic, can you print the article purporting to tell us all why Torres went to Barca?

And the one about McAtee please
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:22 pm

sheblue wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

We will need a left back, but its an old tune that.
We will need a striker.
Re Ferns replacement isn't Lavia highly rated.
Palmer replaces Torres.

Im happy with palmer for torres if it frees cash up for a striker.

Lavia has never played a single min in the prem for us, hed need a couple of loan spells and eased into the team to replace fern so i think we have no choice but to go to market for it. I assume luiz’s buyback has expired as that might have been ideal.

We have never had a good left back and with kyle getting on meaning cancelo needed more for right back we need to prioritize that this summer. I take the young Scotch lad at Bologna Aaron Hickey, I actually thought we should have signed him before he went there.

So Palmer, Douglas Luiz, Hickey and Haaland will do just nicely!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:32 pm

This better not be true

Times reckon McAtee could be going on loan....

https://www.mcfcreport.com/post/reports ... n-the-team
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:34 pm

CTID Hants wrote:This better not be true

From what I’ve heard he’ll only agree to a new contract if we let him go out on loan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:21 pm

Mase wrote:

From what I’ve heard he’ll only agree to a new contract if we let him go out on loan.

Happy with this as he has Cole in front of him but Mahrez going for a month. Would have thought he would get a run-out at swindin next
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:53 pm

Mase wrote:

He’s going to be world class that lad is .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:49 pm

I’m happy in general with the Spafia, but if they go back for Kane next summer and pay anywhere near £100m for him I’ll have lost all faith in them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:15 pm

According to Lukaku we made him an offer 15 months ago, better money than he is on now but the time was not right. He felt he owed Inter at that point. So we must have shifted our attention to Kane after that.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum