Charlie Adam

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Charlie Adam

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

He was fantastic for 50 minutes last night then he went to shit after the rags got tight,for me he doesnt have that extra bit of special talent you need.
A good solid player who can have fantastic matches but not for me.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 am

lets all have a disco wrote:He was fantastic for 50 minutes last night then he went to shit after the rags got tight,for me he doesnt have that extra bit of special talent you need.

Exactly. Five years ago, definitely. Now? Simply not good enough for where we are heading.

Nice player though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am

A better player than many of our squad fillers, surplus players, IMO with better players would be just like Bellamy, in the sense you did not realse how good he was until he played for your team. I was told by West Ham fans, Bellamy is a world beater never realised until he pulled on a blue shirt just how talented. Adam could be the same and what is the gamble, small amount of dough for a class player.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BadKompany » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 am

lets all have a disco wrote:He was fantastic for 50 minutes last night then he went to shit after the rags got tight,for me he doesnt have that extra bit of special talent you need.

Courtesy of whisky nose - The booking didn't help his game either to be fair,certainly coincided with him going mising.

I honestly think he would add more to our current set up than Barry,he has super craft and vision and an amazing passing range,it's what we are missing from our midfield trio.
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:40 pm

To be honest I'm not sure what Blackpool are complaining about - I thought a player's valuation depends on his contract (so weekly wage plus length remaining) and Blackpool have taken a (sensible) approach of paying peanuts to players with something to prove inorder to keep their wage bill down. The obvious drawback is that they will have a high turnover of players from season to season (assuming they stay in the Prem), and their squad will all be ralatively low value.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goataldo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:58 pm

BadKompany wrote:

Courtesy of whisky nose - The booking didn't help his game either to be fair,certainly coincided with him going mising.

I honestly think he would add more to our current set up than Barry,he has super craft and vision and an amazing passing range,it's what we are missing from our midfield trio.

You make him sound like David Silva, he might be good cover for him, but as for replacing Barry? Are you having a laugh? WOuld he give us what Bary gives us, which we'd have to replace?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Crossie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

This whole ordeal highlights whats wrong with the Premier League. Adam has made a name for himself in 6 months, he is enjoying his footy, big star man in a small team that are currently high profile and doing really well. Why the fuck would he honestly move to Liverpool? Did he see what happened to Bent as Spurs, or Pennant at Arse, Bently, etc. They are all good players but they move and lose form, and become bit part players and lose there way very quickly.

Stay at Blackpool, keep playing week in week out, be their best player, keep them mid table, and fuck the money off.

Theres only so much shit you can buy anyway. Lets face it £10 or £15k a week, or whatever "small" wage he is on is still a fucking hell of a lot of money and will go a long way on the Golden Mile slot machines and get you plenty or goes on the Rubber Dingy Rapids!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Goataldo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Crossie wrote:This whole ordeal highlights whats wrong with the Premier League. Adam has made a name for himself in 6 months, he is enjoying his footy, big star man in a small team that are currently high profile and doing really well. Why the fuck would he honestly move to Liverpool? Did he see what happened to Bent as Spurs, or Pennant at Arse, Bently, etc. They are all good players but they move and lose form, and become bit part players and lose there way very quickly.

Stay at Blackpool, keep playing week in week out, be their best player, keep them mid table, and fuck the money off.

Theres only so much shit you can buy anyway. Lets face it £10 or £15k a week, or whatever "small" wage he is on is still a fucking hell of a lot of money and will go a long way on the Golden Mile slot machines and get you plenty or goes on the Rubber Dingy Rapids!

Innit brother.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Crossie wrote:This whole ordeal highlights whats wrong with the Premier League. Adam has made a name for himself in 6 months, he is enjoying his footy, big star man in a small team that are currently high profile and doing really well. Why the fuck would he honestly move to Liverpool? Did he see what happened to Bent as Spurs, or Pennant at Arse, Bently, etc. They are all good players but they move and lose form, and become bit part players and lose there way very quickly.

No thanks. I'd rather double my money and take my chances. Short career. Plus the players you mentioned have gone on to have decent moves later in their careers, even if the first one didn't work out.

Who on earth would sooner play for Blackpool than Liverpool? It's like being an actor and shunning Hollywood for Hollyoaks.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Hollyoaks please, because if you go to Hollywood you end up waiting tables or being fucked by a fetish midget - no matter how good an actor you are.

Atleast in Hollyoaks your working, on a good wage and still get to stare at fit birds.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Cityfan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Can't blame Holloway for wanting to maximise the amount he gets for his best player. But I don't think Adam owes Blackpool anything he had to take them to court to get a bonus he was owed for keeping them up. They argued that it was for keeping them in the championship which as they were promoted he wasn't entitled to it.
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Crossie wrote:Hollyoaks please, because if you go to Hollywood you end up waiting tables or being fucked by a fetish midget - no matter how good an actor you are.

Atleast in Hollyoaks your working, on a good wage and still get to stare at fit birds.

I could understand if he was being paid the going rate, but he isn't. It's simple for me - if I was a (say) 10M-rated player, I'd want to be on at least double 10K per week, which is the maximum he'll be on. Blackpool's wage cap is self-imposed after all. They've got to make a choice: pay good players good money or deal with them wanting to leave.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

No thanks. I'd rather double my money and take my chances. Short career. Plus the players you mentioned have gone on to have decent moves later in their careers, even if the first one didn't work out.

Who on earth would sooner play for Blackpool than Liverpool? It's like being an actor and shunning Hollywood for Hollyoaks.

From players point of view, you should absolutely go for it. Yeah, you might be huge flop in a big Club but you would have earned megamoney and like you said, you can always restart your career elsewhere.

Truth is, big clubs don't come calling often. Also, and I say this about managers who enjoy short success and get hyped for it as well, you need to jump at that chance regardless of what the outcome might be.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Charlie Adam, maybe having a one off season, maybe. However he is a class act and proved late developers with more confidence than anyone has shown in him before can shine, Holloway has done this with lots of players, For me Adam will move and Blackpool are doing what is best for them, lets have it right both Adam and Holloway would be heading for sweet F.A id the pundits were right at the start of the season, bothe are proving there are players and managers that can come to the party and do teh biz. Both are now worth much more than they are on at B/pool who were one of the best teams at Coms this yr.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum