andy gray sacked

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: andy gray sacked

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:57 am

john@staustell wrote:
BobbyJ1956 wrote:Glad he's been sacked. Not because I never liked him, though I didn't, but because what he said was offensive, sexist, and smug. He thought he could say what he liked because he's a famous face on TV; well, anyone that pleased with themselves deserves to be brought down a peg. There's a long way to go before we all treat each other with respect and judge people just on their merits but if sackig Gray for doing what he did is a step in that direction, if only as a warning to other neanderthals to keep their daft mouths shut, that's alright.

I agree with you. And he drools over the RAGS. And he calls us 'Manchester United' frequently.

Mind you I suspect they wanted a change after 20 years, and this little incident has come as a Godsend to the Sky Sports hierarchy. If the didn't want to get rid, they wouldn't.

I agree with both of you and Arjan here. I don't think he would've been sacked had there not been other shit going on but in the end I thought it was good decision. It would've been better if he'd stayed in his job and had to offer some humiliating apology.

Personally I work in male dominated industry and yeah, the banter between men when there are no women around can be sexist (although I don't really participate out of principle). But when there's women around 99% of men know how to behave and keep it to themselves. Granted, majority of women who work in the industry have balls of steel but I wouldn't call someone like Karen Brady soft either.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 am

Gray being fired was not for the offences leaked, Talksport had a media savvy chap on who I quote said "A bollocking would have been sufficent, it appears to him the opportunity was there to fire him and they took it. I have no love of Gray, however I have watched him for 20 yrs and he has been part of football, maybe it is time for a change. Oh how do you bollock a woman, or is that a dressing down, The words that can hang you, You are a sentance away from the sack or is that to close to bollock. Whatever life would be shite without being able to fuck up from time to time. We even have programes dedicated to fuck ups.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am

The pc brigade win again. This country gets on my tits with this sort of thing. I cant stand Gray or Keys, but this is way over the top.
Seems that free speech is a thing of the past, we had all better watch what we say at work if this carries on. These sort of comments and banter go on every day in most workplaces I reckon.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Diggerman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

Richard Keys : "Did you smash it?"
Monkey man asks Redknapp about shaggin louise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/parry- ... eo-shocker
Last edited by Diggerman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

Its clear somebody has been lying in wait for this smug pair to take a fall, as multiple sources indicate Keys and Gray pretty much felt they were untouchable.

Video clips are being released on the drip on Youtube via a "mystery source" and a newly registered user - hmm, wonder where they are coming from, and who has access to these off-air clips?

I do hope Keys has to go as well, and Im sure he will. Apparently the sunday papers are going to have even more stuff to use, and as Gray is suing the NOTW, I am sure they wont hold much back on the pair of them.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am

Blue2 wrote:The pc brigade win again. This country gets on my tits with this sort of thing. I cant stand Gray or Keys, but this is way over the top.
Seems that free speech is a thing of the past, we had all better watch what we say at work if this carries on. These sort of comments and banter go on every day in most workplaces I reckon.

i admit it's a fine line - and free speech is a very important thing - no-one should be censored for their views (when put across coherently and at the right time and place) imho. (but then we have the problem about who decides when and where the right time/place are...)

however - casual sexism/racism in the workplace SHOULD be unacceptable - it's insidious.

and lets not forget that these guys were at work. the comments about brady in particular were not "banter".

society evolves and moves on - when i see some of the "comedies" from the 70's i cringe.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 am

I remember I waited around after a match a few seasons ago because I knew they'd be shit loads of traffic. Anyway, Keys came out of his box about 30 mins after the match finished and a City fan on the third tier shouted over to him, "Keysie!! Keysie!!!" Keys turned around and started to raise his hand to wave before the same City fans shouted, "Fuck off you cunt!" haha legend!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 am

This could get worse, two Times reporters stating that Sky's first choice to replace Gray could be Gary Neville!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:39 am

Goaters 103 wrote:This could get worse, two Times reporters stating that Sky's first choice to replace Gray could be Gary Neville!

Well Rupert is a Rag. Be afraid of what we get after Randy Gray.Sky might be a no go area for many if Neville gets the gig.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

Don't these off air comments just show that the pair of them are basically prejudiced against women? They were not after all making a joke, they were serious. What is the difference between that and being prejudiced against people who have different coloured skin than the majority group? Or for that matter that people who go into the Forces are just hooligans with no options in life?
So the simple question is is it ok to be prejudiced?

I imagine that is the question that Sky ultimately had to ask themselves, however it was outed now everyone knows that the faces of Sky in football are prejudiced against women. I dont think Sky really have a choice and i don't think it has anything to do with being pc either. I think Sky have taken the face saving easy route anyway.. they should have told them both they had to go on camera with a sharp interviewer and explain their beliefs to the world, live. If it is ok to have prejudiced beliefs then it is perfectly acceptable to have to go and explain them.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 am

If everybody, male & female, was subject to the same 'off camera' criteria, half of the people currently working anywhere would be out of work for one reason or another. I can't stand either of them, or their views, but this whole episode is a disgraceful, sneaky, underhand , deliberate smear campaign by somebody with a grudge, to get rid of two high profile presenters & imo, much more worrying than a few ugly, sexist comments by a couple of stupid old dinosaurs.

If they behave in an unacceptable manner in front of staff, there should be complaints by the staff & a disciplinary proceedure, like any other person in the same position is entitled to, not a televised lynching & character assassination. It's out of order.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If everybody, male & female, was subject to the same 'off camera' criteria, half of the people currently working anywhere would be out of work for one reason or another. I can't stand either of them, or their views, but this whole episode is a disgraceful, sneaky, underhand , deliberate smear campaign by somebody with a grudge, to get rid of two high profile presenters & imo, much more worrying than a few ugly, sexist comments by a couple of stupid old dinosaurs.

If they behave in an unacceptable manner in front of staff, there should be complaints by the staff & a disciplinary proceedure, like any other person in the same position is entitled to, not a televised lynching & character assassination. It's out of order.

Absolutely.
Original Dub

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Personally,i think sky sports should set an example and give andy gray's job to a female presenter.....

.......preferably one with big tits!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Ha ha
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby crossan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 pm

If Gray was such an expert on all matters football he would have known that any on officiating at a Premier league game would have risen through the refereeing ranks over a long period of time starting with local saturday/sunday league games and qualifying through exams etc and that person whether they be male or female would thoroughly know all the rules let alone the offside one.Andy Gray deserved to be sacked for showing that he is a sexist arshole.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm

crossan wrote:If Gray was such an expert on all matters football he would have known that any on officiating at a Premier league game would have risen through the refereeing ranks over a long period of time starting with local saturday/sunday league games and qualifying through exams etc and that person whether they be male or female would thoroughly know all the rules let alone the offside one.Andy Gray deserved to be sacked for showing that he is a sexist arshole.

But he didn't show he was a sexist arsehole. Someone else eavesdropped on his conversation & outed him as a sexist arsehole. Had he made those comments on air, he would deserve sacking immediately but he didn't. He's effectively being sacked for his thoughts, not for what he broadcasts. The thought police in full flow.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
crossan wrote:If Gray was such an expert on all matters football he would have known that any on officiating at a Premier league game would have risen through the refereeing ranks over a long period of time starting with local saturday/sunday league games and qualifying through exams etc and that person whether they be male or female would thoroughly know all the rules let alone the offside one.Andy Gray deserved to be sacked for showing that he is a sexist arshole.

But he didn't show he was a sexist arsehole. Someone else eavesdropped on his conversation & outed him as a sexist arsehole. Had he made those comments on air, he would deserve sacking immediately but he didn't. He's effectively being sacked for his thoughts, not for what he broadcasts. The thought police in full flow.

Ted,he was actually sacked for alledgedly asking a female skysprts news presenter to 'tuck' his microphone receiver down the front of his trousers.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Ted,he was actually sacked for alledgedly asking a female skysprts news presenter to 'tuck' his microphone receiver down the front of his trousers.

No he wasn't mate. He was sacked because that piece of footage was added to the others in a concerted effort to make his position untenable. If that incident was the problem, he should have been subject to disciplinary action at the time & suspended pending an inquiry. It's a stitch up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:22 pm

He has been stitched up, but only with his own thread, Cut and pasting experts at SKY have nailed him.Simples.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:41 pm

crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Big deal, it was a joke!!!!!!!!!! and I bet similar things happen every day in most companies. If you cant think and say that you dont think a group of people are up to doing a certain job then its just ridiculous. They are wrong, but everybody is entitled to their opinion and to get sacked for it really is a joke.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum