VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby budfox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:
budfox wrote:The Spurs goal should have been allowed. Anyone reading the rule as it stands could not come to any other conclusion. We were cheated, pure and simple. Make no mistake, every goal we score will be scrutinised over and over and if it can be ruled out, it will be. This absolutely will not happen to the Rags or Dippers.

VAR is a failure and fans will start to give up on the game. "Yes, the ball is in the back of the net, in a couple of minutes we'll know if we scored and then we can cheer".

There's a place for technology, and the goal line version works brilliantly. It's accurate to millimetre precision and there can be no argument against its use. What we have with VAR is a system that is working against the very essence of the game, but it's here to stay.

...every goal we score in a tight game or against top six opposition...
They will only target the goals that matter, the influential ones that affect selling 'the product' and getting subscribers

VAR could work and in itself is a good thing because it eliminates bad calls.
But It is not being used to eliminate bad calls, it is being used to influence results.
What used to be controlled via the Refs is now being controlled via VAR.

IMO PL is now just another big business. Profit driven. VAR is a tool to drive profits.

Yep. I already think it will be near impossible to win the league.

We won't win the league this year, won't be allowed to. Not a chance.
When I go to my grave, I shall go with content. I shall go in the knowledge that every rag fan's nightmare ends with a single word: "Aguerrrrroooooo...."
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Brown

Postby ruralblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 pm

So my thoughts on how to make it not destroy our beautiful game. Each manager had three calls for Var to be reviewed each game. The ref and linesman cam call for a VAR review but when doing so they must clearly tell the video reviewer exactly what they are looking for. Anything else picked up in a video review cannot be added to the refs judgement just what the ref is asking. Any review must be done in under two minutes and the screens must show the crowd the clips they are viewing.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ruralblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Oh and accountability when Var fucks up.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:So my thoughts on how to make it not destroy our beautiful game. Each manager had three calls for Var to be reviewed each game. The ref and linesman cam call for a VAR review but when doing so they must clearly tell the video reviewer exactly what they are looking for. Anything else picked up in a video review cannot be added to the refs judgement just what the ref is asking. Any review must be done in under two minutes and the screens must show the crowd the clips they are viewing.

And it must be undisputable/conclusive. If not the ref's call stands.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Some spuds fan on a website thought Kun's goal was offside on Saturday ! claiming he was ahead of the spuds defender . He was indeed . The daft tosser ( spuds fan) didn't even notice that Kev's cross to Kun was in fact , a pass back to Kun and therefore not offside.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Fuck refs off. Can't we have a robot?
Mase

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Dimples wrote:
budfox wrote:The Spurs goal should have been allowed. Anyone reading the rule as it stands could not come to any other conclusion. We were cheated, pure and simple. Make no mistake, every goal we score will be scrutinised over and over and if it can be ruled out, it will be. This absolutely will not happen to the Rags or Dippers.

VAR is a failure and fans will start to give up on the game. "Yes, the ball is in the back of the net, in a couple of minutes we'll know if we scored and then we can cheer".

There's a place for technology, and the goal line version works brilliantly. It's accurate to millimetre precision and there can be no argument against its use. What we have with VAR is a system that is working against the very essence of the game, but it's here to stay.

...every goal we score in a tight game or against top six opposition...
They will only target the goals that matter, the influential ones that affect selling 'the product' and getting subscribers

VAR could work and in itself is a good thing because it eliminates bad calls.
But It is not being used to eliminate bad calls, it is being used to influence results.
What used to be controlled via the Refs is now being controlled via VAR.

IMO PL is now just another big business. Profit driven. VAR is a tool to drive profits.

If we had been 4-0 up against spuds , the jesus goal would have been given.

Just found a link to the video of the Laporte handball.

The video shown on Beeb.

You can even stop it frame by frame and it certainly isn't clear if the ball hits Laporte or the spuds players arm . So the VAR ref must have had some other vid, that we haven't had a chance to see- another angle. Because the View we were shown on TV , the camera focus is way too removed from any handball.

https://www.bluewin.ch/de/sport/fussbal ... 88853.html
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 pm

This is just laughable, what qualifies that twat to be head of VAR?

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:This is just laughable, what qualifies that twat to be head of VAR?

Its been said on here over and over - they will simply ''justify'' any decision they WANT to make from now on....the power has now gone to some fuckign no mark in a little hut with his 50 fuckign frames a second to choose from.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:18 am

Plain Speaking wrote:I saw this comment on the BBC
"I think the rule has been incorrectly applied. The goal has to be "scored or created with the use of the hand or arm". The brushing of the arm did not create the goal, so no offence. "
Regardless all those saying it was the "right decision" I am sure that sort of incident was not in mind when the new rule was drafted.

Personally I think the new rule needs clarification to get to the original purpose:
If the actual goalscorer used his hand or arm to score a goal, then no problem - the goal should be disallowed. However, If it contacted a separate player earlier in the attack and this wouldn't be a free kick outside the area the goal should stand.

This is what I feel the rule should be. Jesus had plenty of work to do before scoring. It wasn't like it deflected to him for a tap in. It's utterly ridiculous.
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:21 am

Plain Speaking wrote:I saw this comment on the BBC
"I think the rule has been incorrectly applied. The goal has to be "scored or created with the use of the hand or arm". The brushing of the arm did not create the goal, so no offence. "
Regardless all those saying it was the "right decision" I am sure that sort of incident was not in mind when the new rule was drafted.

Personally I think the new rule needs clarification to get to the original purpose:
If the actual goalscorer used his hand or arm to score a goal, then no problem - the goal should be disallowed. However, If it contacted a separate player earlier in the attack and this wouldn't be a free kick outside the area the goal should stand.

This is what I feel the rule should be. Jesus had plenty of work to do before scoring. It wasn't like it deflected to him for a tap in. It's utterly ridiculous, as is the difference with how little it takes for VAR to impact a handball in the box, or for it to be reviewed, but for a pen to be given, the standard is the complete opposite and the ref can say no without VAR intervening (which makes no sense to me at all and is going to be a long term problem for consistency)
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:51 am

VAR will also cause issues outside the ground as well. How many City fans were furious after that decision so late in the game? You've got Spurs fans jumping up and down celebrating the no goal.

A female Spurs fan claims she was whacked by a City fan after the match.

Imagine the trouble in a derby or against the murderers if that happened where one team scored a perfectly good goal and it was disallowed last min.
Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:52 am

VAR will also cause issues outside the ground as well. How many City fans were furious after that decision so late in the game? You've got Spurs fans jumping up and down celebrating the no goal.

A female Spurs fan claims she was whacked by a City fan after the match.

Imagine the trouble in a derby or against the murderers if that happened where one team scored a perfectly good goal and it was disallowed last min.
Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:This is just laughable, what qualifies that twat to be head of VAR?

"That's how the ref saw the incident" THE REF WAS LOOKING THE OTHER WAY :lol:
Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:16 am

Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 am

Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 am

The fuck is wrong with the forum?
Mase

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 am

The fuck is wrong with the forum?
Mase

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 am

Fuck knows
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 am

Fuck knows
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum