The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby bigblue » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:18 am

Just when they thought they'd finally got Sanchez (partially) off the wage bill, and out of the shed, they'll
have to keep him on as cover for Mugabe.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Van Diemens Land
Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 am

bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?

Fiorentina are rumoured to be preparing a bid of £18M for him. A third of what they paid a year ago.
Well played Woodward, well played
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17484
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:39 am

nottsblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?

Fiorentina are rumoured to be preparing a bid of £18M for him. A third of what they paid a year ago.
Well played Woodward, well played


Funny, I was at my father in law's last night and he was going on about how United need to copy Liverpool when buying players. And then mentioned "City have done okay, but they've spent big".... I asked who we've broken the transfer record for? No answer. I also asked how much Fred was. Or how much they're paying Sanchez. Or how much Pogba and Lukaku were. Fuckin thick these mongs
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22754
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm

So the rags loan out smalling and sanchez and sell lukaku. Then think that some youth from the academy will be enough to cover for them. Because ole will work his 99 magic or something? I don't see anyway this will end except for injuries happening (like with martial and shaw already) and the rags massively struggling when they have to rely on youth players worse than Pozo, Diaz, and Denis Suarez

but oles at the wheel eh :lol: :lol:
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm

bigblue wrote:So the rags loan out smalling and sanchez and sell lukaku. Then think that some youth from the academy will be enough to cover for them. Because ole will work his 99 magic or something? I don't see anyway this will end except for injuries happening (like with martial and shaw already) and the rags massively struggling when they have to rely on youth players worse than Pozo, Diaz, and Denis Suarez

but oles at the wheel eh :lol: :lol:


I was thinking earlier (whilst taking a dump) how the rags continue to fall further and further behind. Every thing they try since the old soak retired has gone tits up, if anything Moyes was probably one of their better ideas.

One thing is for sure the Glazers really don't give a shit as long as their dividends keep coming
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm

bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?


Haha always laugh when I think of what they did in Donetsk when they heard the rags where spouting up 55m for him.
I think they are still laughing out there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7458
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 am

sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?


Haha always laugh when I think of what they did in Donetsk when they heard the rags where spouting up 55m for him.
I think they are still laughing out there.


I'm certainly laughing - fcuk me what a buy he was
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:30 am

CTID Hants wrote:
bigblue wrote:So the rags loan out smalling and sanchez and sell lukaku. Then think that some youth from the academy will be enough to cover for them. Because ole will work his 99 magic or something? I don't see anyway this will end except for injuries happening (like with martial and shaw already) and the rags massively struggling when they have to rely on youth players worse than Pozo, Diaz, and Denis Suarez

but oles at the wheel eh :lol: :lol:


I was thinking earlier (whilst taking a dump) how the rags continue to fall further and further behind. Every thing they try since the old soak retired has gone tits up, if anything Moyes was probably one of their better ideas.

One thing is for sure the Glazers really don't give a shit as long as their dividends keep coming


Don't forget it's the Yoonited way to promote the youth, Maguire being just another one who came through their much vaunted academy. Got to love the Glazers, it seems that they are content to milk this cash cow for all it is worth & more whilst settling for mediocrity on the pitch. The fans won't know which way to turn when it the little fucktard at the wheel takes them over the cliff
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:32 am

salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?


Haha always laugh when I think of what they did in Donetsk when they heard the rags where spouting up 55m for him.
I think they are still laughing out there.


I'm certainly laughing - fcuk me what a buy he was


Not just him. Darmian, Shaw, Rojo, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Lindalof - all terrible signings. Woodward must have something on the owners surely?!
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22754
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?


Haha always laugh when I think of what they did in Donetsk when they heard the rags where spouting up 55m for him.
I think they are still laughing out there.


I'm certainly laughing - fcuk me what a buy he was


Not just him. Darmian, Shaw, Rojo, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Lindalof - all terrible signings. Woodward must have something on the owners surely?!


I think the owners must love that goon - only reason he is keeping the job. He gets my vote every day of the week
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:50 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?


Haha always laugh when I think of what they did in Donetsk when they heard the rags where spouting up 55m for him.
I think they are still laughing out there.


I'm certainly laughing - fcuk me what a buy he was


Not just him. Darmian, Shaw, Rojo, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Lindalof - all terrible signings. Woodward must have something on the owners surely?!


I think the owners must love that goon - only reason he is keeping the job. He gets my vote every day of the week


If Ole wasn't so shit I'd say make Woodward manager. But they're the dream team!
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22754
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Still shaking my head at their transfer policy or, should I say, fire sale to save money!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37309
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:08 pm

Stonking away point for the Hobbit-genius
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3906
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

The definition of mediocre.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:04 pm

To be fair Southampton only had 10 men for about 20 minutes
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15131
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:09 pm

one of their only striking options, lingard, has no goals or assists in 2019
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:14 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hows that great midfielder Fred doing for the rags these days?

Fiorentina are rumoured to be preparing a bid of £18M for him. A third of what they paid a year ago.
Well played Woodward, well played


Funny, I was at my father in law's last night and he was going on about how United need to copy Liverpool when buying players. And then mentioned "City have done okay, but they've spent big".... I asked who we've broken the transfer record for? No answer. I also asked how much Fred was. Or how much they're paying Sanchez. Or how much Pogba and Lukaku were. Fuckin thick these mongs


Interesting! I thought the rags are all about their identity and not copying rivals! Whatever players they'll buy, with their current manager at the helm, they'll never move forward. These fuckers are trying to super glue their broken ship instead of welding it
Outcast
Horlock's Aggressive Walk
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby linwood » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm

bigblue wrote:one of their only striking options, lingard, has no goals or assists in 2019


Southgate still selected him for England though. I actually like watching England but seeing him in the team tests my support
linwood
Danny Mills' Wages
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: London

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Was talking to one of the lads last night about how the Glazer's must've thought all their dreams had come true when the fans loved OGS coming to the club, immediately signing him up permanently even though he was failing at the time. I'd also mentioned it at the end of last season and wondered if they were gonna try and do it on the cheap.

And, fuck me, they have far exceeded my best estimate. I thought they'd try and look at the cheaper youth angle to deceive their hordes but to then have a fire sale of such degree, selling or loaning out so many players without replacement has made my fucking season. They have trimmed down so much that they could fail to function as a PL football team. I asked my lad which players were going to get them 20+ goals and he said they'd be lucky to get in double figures. I also asked where was their quality from the bench and he just shrugged and said 'That useless idiot', referring to Lingard.

The Rags are in deep trouble and what I'm trying to figure out is if the money saving exercise is due to being out of the CL and losing money through sponsorship deals, creating problems with FFP and/or servicing their debt, or is it down to the Glazers wanting to milk the club dry?

Does anybody feel sorry for their predicament or have they reaped what they've sown?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37309
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 7 guests